1. Filidog

Manco Thunderbird project

This is the bike finished
  2. Filidog

They take a bit of haggling, but it can be done. I powder coated mine
  3. Filidog

I don’t know what to price at after I’m done

Well in total. I’ve probably spent $350-$380 on the bike including the cost of the bike. I was going to list it for $550 after I’m done. I love restoring and giving life to bikes. I’ll never get my time back. But I’d like to get my money back.
  4. Filidog

"Before and After" pics

Before and after
  5. Filidog

I’m getting close to being done with mine
  6. Filidog

I don’t know what to price at after I’m done

I’m doing a manco thunderbird project right now. I’m putting in a 6.5 clone on it with color matching flywheel/pull start cover. It’ll have a matching new green trim seat to go on as well. I was wondering what a good price would be to list it for? Because my price was considered I little to high...
  7. Filidog

New to OldMiniBikes

Updated picture of the bike as of a few months ago
  8. Filidog

Ordered rod and flywheel. What’s next?

Shelby, thanks for all the answered questions. I ran into a huge problem Saturday. When I was installing the rod, it took me awhile to notice but one of the bolts was slightly bent. Very very frustrating night. Right now I have an engine in pieces. I’m waiting on a reply from OldMiniBikes about that order.
  9. Filidog

I have a Bridgeport here at work, i’d have to take a few passes because I don’t have a bit to cover the entire head but I can do it here. Since I’m putting the bike back together this weekend. I’m going to just try a thinner head gasket and see how that works out. I read somewhere that going...
  10. Filidog

Hey Shelby, it was a toss up for me. For right now, I just bought a Mikuni carb kit. 2 weeks ago I got the billet flywheel and rod. This weekend I’m installing everything with a governor delete too. I really should of got the MSD wires while I have the flywheel off but I ran outa money lol thank...
  11. Filidog

I was thinking about using/buying this camp chef over extended duration camshaft I have now. Do I need to worry about coil bind or when should I wonder about coil bind? I am ordering the new carburetor today and probably the new .010 head gasket. As well. And would you have any...
  12. Filidog

Question!!!! Other then checking for backlash on the valve springs. Is it worth getting a thinner head gasket? Or is it major mathematics as far as specs and clearance
  13. Filidog

If I get a mikuni carburetor, do I need to get a different air filter for it? Or will the old one work? . Edit: I’d have to redu the throttle too? mikuni carburetors throttle is different. I’d have to buy new jets too?
  14. Filidog

Not 8k rpm , I’ll build another 212 for that. I considered a 252 cam. But I like my low and midrange torque. What are some other things I can do to squeeze some more horses out of the engine. Port and polish worth the time and effort? I really don’t know. Would using the .008 head gasket help? I...
  15. Filidog

Hello everyone, my first bike build is finally coming together. I striped it apart to powdercoat it. I have a K&N type intake, #35 jet, TAV, 2 1/2 foot duel exhaust(for low end torque), 230 - 0211 Marine cam, 26# valve springs, right now it’ll haul *** to 35. I haven’t had it past 47...
  16. Filidog

Motovox mbx10, start to finish

After I pulled everything out here is the final product
  17. Filidog

Powder coating stage 2. super high gloss transparent topcoat of candy apple red.
  18. Filidog

Stage 1 of powder coating. Base coat of Gold vein.
  19. Filidog

Took it in the sand blasting room and completely striped and cleaned up the frame