Search results

1. F

VM22 Mikuni

I just had knee surgery so down a bit. Once I'm moving I'm just going to replace the float needle and the seat. I adjusted the float height to spec and still had leakage. I'll report back once I find a solution. Thanks for the responses.
  2. F

60T rear 9T front Gear change chain link question

I ended up having to take out about 12 links.
  3. F

That's good to hear. Thanks for the info.
  4. F

I have one around the corner so will check it out if this is short. I bought an RK quality chain I hope to use. I did find a post where I bought the chain on amazon where a guy says he had to take out links with the same set up on a CT2oo so I have my fingers crossed. Wouldn't be too...
  5. F

I have one week to get my MB200 ready for a race we do once a year, time is catching up with me. I decide to gear it down and ordered a 60T rear and 9T front. I ordered a 420 chain with 110 links thinking it would be long enough. But it just showed up and I'm worried its too short. I don't...
  6. F

VM22 Mikuni

I have the real one. Thanks for the pics.
  7. F

VM22 Mikuni

Thanks, that's what it looks like to me. Just wanted to make sure
  8. F

VM22 Mikuni

I have a real Mikuni (i hope) that recently started to leak sporadically from the overflow. I pulled it apart to go through it and was surprised to notice the float Needle is not hooked to the Float. I expected to see a wire connecting it to the tang on the Float. I don't see anywhere on the...
  9. F

Mikuni VM22 tune and ID

Thanks for the link, I actually read that write up earlier today. It seems most people go up to the 130 main and down on the pilot as you mentioned. I tried moving the jet needle thru every slot with the 100 main and 30 pilot and could not get that dead spot out of it.
  10. F

Upgrading to a vm22-133 round slide mikuni

I've been banging my head since last night trying to figure out why the "main jet" just didn't seem right in my VM22. Never seen a main jet located in the side of the bowl like this. Was glad to find this information though.
  11. F

Mikuni VM22 tune and ID

I just located an article that covered part of my issue. I've never seen this before but the main jet is actually in the bolt that is located on the side of the float bowl. https://oldminibikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/upgrading-to-a-vm22-133-round-slide-mikuni.141160/#post-1103633 Maybe...
  12. F

Mikuni VM22 tune and ID

I bought a VM22 off Amazon for my predator 212 back in December. I have 2 questions. 1. I have a dead spot if I twist the throttle fast, it will bog out to the point of dying. So I went online to look at tuning videos and the inside of my carb, does not look like all the other VM22's I saw...