Search results

1. R

Doodle Bug DB30 Torque Converter?

Ok, got the whole thing torn down and in the ultrasonic cleaner. Came out looking like new. I milled .030" off the head and checked valve and piston clearances. Ended up using the stock head gasket instead of making a copper one since tolerances were close. Did a light port/polish on the intake...
  2. R

Strig, I'm not looking for performance out of this thing. I don't want my wife to get hurt. Do you think the torque that the TC provides on the low end would be better than a centrifugal clutch? I am doing everything I can find to improve the performance of the little 97cc. I have milled the...
  3. R

Good to know - thanks for the advice. I am new to the mini world, so I was just going off what I had read on other sites. I didn't think to consider the height of the tire in the gearing suggestion.
  4. R

Stock Engine - repair manual ?

This link is dead, and I would be VERY interested in reading it. I've got one of these I would like to "build" for my wife's scooter.
  5. R

Here's the baja 97cc sitting on the stingray frame. Looks like it grew there. Just had to remove the fuel tank. I am going to make an adapter to remount the front bicycle sprocket to the rear wheel in place of the free wheeling sprocket. The big sprocket has 44 teeth - the #35 sprocket on the...
  6. R

Ok, after more research it looks like a TAV2 or clone WILL bolt to the GX100. The inner bolt pattern is on a 3.625" circle, which is the bolt circle on the gx100. You can buy a 5/8" to 3/4" crankshaft adapter with taller key on ebay for $10. TAV2 clones can be had from amazon for $69 with both...
  7. R

Greetings! I've been searching around for a couple of hours and have come up empty handed. Removed the GX100 clone from the Doodle Bug DB30 my dad bought and put a B&S 5hp on it. He's happy - now I need a new project to put the GX100 clone in. I have a Schwinn OCC chopper Stingray I have been...
  8. R

Baja warrior with the 5.5

https://oldminibikes.com/forum/index.php?posts/1255829/
  9. R

Massimo Warrior mb 200 Mods question

Sounds like a fuel delivery problem to me. If it is revving while off the choke, it sounds like a vacuum leak (or your throttle is stuck). Check the two nuts holding the air cleaner/carburetor on the engine. Make sure your throttle linkage moves freely throughout it's full range. The throttle...
  10. R

Been searching around for info on a carb swap

This is what I bought: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07G915FNB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 It's a little misleading, in that it quotes it's a VM22 "style" carb, but is 26mm. It also says it's intended for 110cc-140cc engines (chinese pit bikes). I also ordered main jets...
  11. R

You don't need the risers. I didn't use them. You need to check your crankshaft to see if it is internally or externally threaded. If it is internally threaded, you don't need the lugnut. If it is externally threaded, you cannot use the bolt/washer. You must use the lugnut.
  12. R

I forgot one thing - the driven and drive pulleys did not line up with the provided spacers. I had to add two thick 3/4" washers behind the drive sheave (between the pulley and the crank bearing) to line them up. They MUST be lined up when installed or you will burn through belts like crazy. At...
  13. R

I'm not saying it can't be done - anything can be accomplished with enough time, money, and determination. Keep in mind, the video you shared above was using the TC2 torque converter from GoKartsUSA.com ($189), not the original jackshaft backing plate. When ordering the model listed for the Baja...
  14. R

Don’t quote me, but I believe that is crank case ventilation. That’s where you would put a catch can to catch oil vapor from expended pressure inside the engine. I have left mine unhooked for now. from what I can tell, you cannot use your metal cover with a TAV2 torque converter without...
  15. R

Thank you! Yes, the main reason for switching to another carb is to relocate the tank. I'd like to get one of those cool little spun aluminum jobs like Moon makes and mount it sideways either sitting on the rear grab handle or just under the rear of the seat hanging from the frame rails. You...
  16. R

Mine would not get to 40mph until I put the torque converter on. The stock gearing on the bike was clutch:10t, jackshaft input:20t, jackshaft output:10t, sprocket:50t.
  17. R

I just went through all this with my Warrior MB200 over the weekend. I bought a cheap chinesium TAV2 torque converter off amazon for $78, bought the stage 1 performance kit from GPS (open element air filter and adapter, larger main jet, exhaust header), and unhooked the governor. With stock...
  18. R

starting to put this together

Need to put you a TC on that thing. Made a world of difference on mine. I picked up a cheapo chinesium TAV2 clone off amazon for $78. Made sure to wash the WuFlu off it before installation. Oh... and a GX200 performance kit from GPS. I think it was like $65: came with a pipe, open element...
  19. R

Thanks for the pic and info! Where did you get that intake? What carb are you running?
  20. R

Just read the warning post on modifying engines without using a billet flywheel. Anybody know where to get one for this same engine? I definitely don't want Dad straddling a hand grenade with a hair trigger. I traded for this Doodle Bug for him because it reminded him of the mini bike he got...