Search results

1. Thepaetsguy

8hp briggs charging system fixed

I cut four wires off this briggs duel output stator and tossed the burnt up regulator. I used the two AC lines left on the stator and ran them to a Kawasaki 7amp regulator and it fixed all the charging issues I was having. This bikes getting so much stuff packed into not enough room it’s...
  2. Thepaetsguy

Clinton round tank

Round Clinton tank has a couple dents and well weathered paint. $45 shipped PayPal goods only.
  3. Thepaetsguy

Kawasaki cdi ignition

I’m not sure how to ask this question... The first picture was found on the forum... Does an AC cdi/pickup coil need the stator to fire the pickup coil?? Or is it like a briggs 5hp where the magnet spins under the pickup and that’s all that’s needed for spark? If the pickup coil can fire...
  4. Thepaetsguy

Knockoff vm22 choke enrichment circuit lever position.

On the knockoffs in the third picture that I use pulling the choke cable eliminator up lifts the needle out of the enrichment port allowing raw fuel to dump in. And pushing the choke eliminator back down lowers the needle back into the port blocking it off. I have seen a bunch of posts saying...
  5. Thepaetsguy

Horstman intake measurements

I did a swap on a snowmobile engine to a vm32 carburetor. Tonight I figured out that Horstman may have made the intake to make the vm32 swap work on a 5hp briggs also. So here it goes.. If someone could measure the intake side of a Horstman intake made for a tillotson carburetor. If I’m right...
  6. Thepaetsguy

Requesting the amount not sending it??

I‘m curious as to how PayPal works if you send a money request do you get to choose how you request it? So you send a request as friends and family or do you send the request and they choose how it’s sent? I‘m talking with a few facebook scammers and honestly thought it would be funny to tell a...
  7. Thepaetsguy

Smog pump supercharger

I have searched the forums and got interested.. This smog pump on eBay is 40$-75$ I thought I could make a very short intake out of some washers and a pipe for a 22-28mm carburetor for the smog pump inlet port. Then on the pumps outlet port just a washer and a pipe. same on the intake port on...
  8. Thepaetsguy

Briggs 8hp factory intake/mikuni

No need to make an intake like I did. Smittys garage on youtube swapped a mikuni onto an 8hp with the intake/carburetor in the ebay add. He said out of box the vm22 carb-intake was direct bolt on to an 8hp briggs.. Also a pz27 should bolt to the 8hp Briggs block with no intake at all.. just...
  9. Thepaetsguy

That time in macomb county

There was four SUV’s after him for riding sidewalks. One of the cop SUV’s finally rammed this guy off it.. So remember to stay off the sidewalks ya filthy criminals :p If I can post fakebook links I’ll add for comedic pleasure.
  10. Thepaetsguy

Main jet fell out causing past 25% throttle bog and stall once returned to idle.

Watching musti’s (daren’s) video he just uploaded on his red kodiak four wheeler.. No visible rich condition no black smoke from exhaust no nothing indicating a rich condition. He thought the main jet had actually plugged Itself again. He screwed the main jet back in and the fourwheeler then...
  11. Thepaetsguy

wiring diagram with only half the wires and a screwdriver key

No keys and no crank no start.. The wiring diagram shows a two wire ignition switch and my ignition switch has four wires. I could not work it out in my head that white was the switch power wire as it ran from ignition switch to the relay but didn’t grab power for the switch anywhere.. Stuck the...
  12. Thepaetsguy

Rejuvenating atv batteries?

Curious if anyone has had any luck. I was given three weize 12v 12ah batteries all three read 2.3v.. I popped all the caps on one and filled it with water yesterday and left it on a 12v 10a charge. Went back to check the battery today and did not mess with the charger. Just checked the voltage...
  13. Thepaetsguy

Today’s freebie

Big ol brute I wanna build a frame for it now.
  14. Thepaetsguy

Briggs 3hp

I got this copper 3hp engine a couple days ago.. I did slack off a bunch but finally got it finished. good thing the real easy to go through and clean up. This one will most likely set on a shelf as I don‘t really know what to do with it...
  15. Thepaetsguy

Briggs go fast part #s

And now besides a few key parts most of this stuff would be considered hard to find today.
  16. Thepaetsguy

Clements head trade?

wanting to trade for any used billet rod/piston stuff for a standard Bore 5hp Briggs. I don’t mind the used stuff.
  17. Thepaetsguy

“Sigh”

I got these tires off of a completely home made gokart. Now I learned somthing leave the rim/tire bolted to the machine and it makes popping the tire bead with a crowbar easy! I didn’t think these tires were this bad though... Now where am I gonna find another 16x7.50-8 they were $14 plus $7...
  18. Thepaetsguy

Yamaha breeze 125cc carburetor

This one needed some pretty extensive work to fit but is much smaller then the 22’s.. time to eat bolt then bolt it the stand and see how it performs.
  19. Thepaetsguy

Maybe a homemade fox campus?

Members on here said my JD bike looked like a copy of a dart cycle. I found another members photos of there fox campus and I’m thinking that is what my frame is supposed to be a copy of.
  20. Thepaetsguy

Stock chikunis move fuel!

Makes me wonder... It’ll dump enough fuel to feed a 4cyl maybe it could be toned down for a tiny little 206cc EDIT: that’s not a 4cly it’s actually a 6cyl