Search results

1. E

Massimo/MudStar MB200S review/ugrades

LIVIT, Have 2 new in the box non hemi Predator 212 engines bought 5-6 years ago . I really do appreciate the warning about the plastic parts issues in the stock engine !! It will hit 10 hours in the next week .
  2. E

Looks good with the Durmax , how about a shot of the CVT w/o cover and are you using a riser mount ? I am still stock just a jet/air filter change and running air over shocks with the springs loose . I know is will run well in the wet season as is but the track conversion gonna be mud...
  3. E

Massimino is now carrying replacement parts for the 200S . I got a rear fork and swing arm bolt / nut for mine ,i am going to extend the arm and put a pair of Ebay ATV tracks on it...
  4. E

LIVIT, I am glad you finally got a good one ! Can not wait to see what you do with it :D. With the air shocks they helped out and i am long enough to be comfortable on the back of the seat which is softer to me .
  5. E

Yea it seems to be a good engine ,one of my neighbors who saw the WFO said i was doing about 35 mph both times i passed him . It is going to take me some time to do the TAV conversion , weather and a lack of undercover work space . I put in the yellow spring but had to have help preloading the...
  6. E

LIVIT, I really hope they get it right this time ! My frame is right you can tell by the track it leaves . I installed the air shocks with default pressure in them and the springs "loose" , there was one issue the shocks only came with one set of 10mm to 12mm bushings so i had to get another set...
  7. E

I checked mine and it has the welded mount . I just checked pics on TSC for the MB200S and in that picture the guard mount is flat bar bolted to the arm at the inset nut in the arm on the frame and then bolted to the chain guard so it could shift back and forth in theory and the bolt fall...
  8. E

Stubbornness has it`s merits i deal two such on a daily basis :D. Glad they are shipping the frame to you ! I got a nice surprise the lift plate from Hent ,i ordered the raw finish and they sent me the painted one ! It is quite well made ,i am glad you suggested it , it is definitely high...
  9. E

Then why did you have doubt`s with these https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09HTVWGKW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1 ? I measured the stock shocks Installed on the bike and came up with 10.5" from center to center of the mounting bolts , the above referenced shocks are 12.6 "...
  10. E

I finally found the the PM function and will use it hence forth for off topic !! Sorry guys :eek: !! If i could go back and edit out the off topic i would without hesitation .............. I like the idea of swing arm bearings , it has been a while since i pulled apart the Comet TAV2 back...
  11. E

Whoa i said the "Ultimate Lemon bike" it is sad i was more right than i envisioned ....... I can see how the plate might have been reversed before welding and in an attempt to cover it up your swing arm was "adjusted" to compensate ,it seems you got the "one off" since no one else has had this...
  12. E

Fantastic ! It shows they are trying to be good CS , yea you had to light a small fire under them ...... Very much appreciate the grease need warning for the swing arm ! What are your thought`s on puting in a zerk fitting or is the grease need too small to go that far (screw the warranty...
  13. E

Thanks guys ! I ordered the Hent.com riser LIVIT suggested along with the 60T sprocket and chain (can`t have enough i know that too well ) from amazon ,got the TAV 2 30 series , 9 T sprocket and Yellow spring SAS289 recommended off ebay . The vid is quite helpful on the tweaks for the TAV...
  14. E

SAS289, Thanks for the heads up on the clone TAV`s i just get one of them at half the price of an original . TAV are "new " to me since my Rokon uses the Salsbury Torque Converter system . What is the max rpm you are getting with the screw backed out on the stock 196 and still has the...
  15. E

Only said i have seen the back plate mod not that i will use it .... Am i right about having to take the 2 fins off the driven bearing shaft boss to get it to fit the engine with either a Comet OEM TAV ($$$) or the cheaper TAV clones ($$) ?
  16. E

Fantastic info ! I have seen the riser plates and i have seen ways around needing one (modifying the TAV mount plate ) so a riser is not needed . I have seen that the TAV mount plate needs to have two fins taken off the back of the mount plate to fit the engine on Comet TAV`s but i am...
  17. E

LIVIT Source for 60 tooth sprocket ?
  18. E

Ah now i understand where you are coming from . For me speed is not the issue ,yes i would like 30 mph on dirt road but after years on a Rokon ,i like no path cross county riding . You come across a down tree ,you do not go around but over it ! And "paddling" with feet is part of the game ...
  19. E

OK i chose these https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09HTVWGKW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1 About 2 1/2 inches longer than stock . 2.5" over 60 " center to center wheel base 2.4 degrees of elevation change forward no real drastic change of fork rake ..............
  20. E

Any particular/best price sources ?