Search results

1. S

Flathead identification

Yes , i headed over , we did not get any further on those numbers . The 2 engines which came from the jr dragster are Raptors . one Koolbore (easy to spot ) ;) And 2 I/C engines . i am currently in progress of getting the parts together and rebuilding 2 engines . i ordered another one at...
  2. S

Flathead identification

Thanks a lot , i will have a look over there
  3. S

Flathead identification

They are I/C models , non Koolbore. The manual explains very well how and where the shim has to come , but alway refers to the engine series , and that s exactly my problem. the engines are going to be build up like a raptor 3 . when i disassembled the original racing engines, the shim was...
  4. S

Flathead identification

Thanks a lot , i found a free copy online , i therefore also have the actual endplay to be adjusted to etc . my main concern is , i have no idea what kind of engine series i ve got .
  5. S

Flathead identification

Yes exactly , I have some flathead 13 cui 205 cc engines which i am rebuilding . i bought the cases alone , so i don t habe a P/N . Now i wanna know how to adjust the crank endplay . where to add a shim , which side . i have one engine which has both sides a roller bearing , the other ones...
  6. S

Flathead identification

Hey guys , anybody can help me on identifying flathead engines ? what is the difference between 1200000 150000 series 97700 99700 series 200000 210000 series 210000 280000 310000 330000 series ? and how do i find out which one i ve got ? Thanks in advance Best regards Sam
  7. S

Jr Dragster Raptor Engine

I ordered some raw material to make my own valve guides now . so the ideas is to try it out on one of the scrag cases first . i gonna start a new topic regarding the build of a methanol powered mini engine 205cc . Gonna post the mods , and tell you how it ends up .
  8. S

Here you go ;)
  9. S

Oh sorry I forgot , i will try to remember and do this tomorrow
  10. S

Or maybe just the standart Briggs P/N on which the raptors are based on ?
  11. S

So , one more casing in my collection. This one looks to me like being a double ball bearing one So this might be a good base for a high rpm race engine. could anybody please help me out on the following . i would like to have a list of the „basic design series“ which is part of the P/N...
  12. S

Thanks a lot ! That s already a good starting point ;)
  13. S

Link to Briggs L-Head Service Manual and all other Briggs Manuals

If anybody has a copy or a new link , I would love to get the manual too Thanks in advance Greets Sam
  14. S

This was the 11.99 motor before disassembly And the big car for 7.9 sec at the 1/8 mile at around 81 mph
  15. S

Thank you very much for the warm welcome . I got another engine case of Ebay for 30$ yesterday , a good I/C case with 0.002 out of roundness at the cylinder (good enough for our purpose) Exhaust valve guide worn out , intake valve no guide yet in it. I will modify both valve guides and put in...
  16. S

Hey guys , i am new here and hope to get some infos and help on rebuilding and modifying our 11,99 sec jr dragster raptor engines . we are based on a I/C Briggs Raptor We are going to use stock crank , aluminium rod and aluminium piston. billet lifters , comp cam , dual valve springs and some...