BAJA Viper

It my understanding that the Viper has been discontinued. However I was give one and want to make a few small repairs to it. I am in search of the throttle return spring and governor sprink for the 97 CC engine. Anyone can help me out?

Thanks
Dog

It my understanding that the Viper has been discontinued. However I was give one and want to make a few small repairs to it. I am in search of the throttle return spring and governor sprink for the 97 CC engine. Anyone can help me out?

Thanks
Dog
Hello and welcome! Baja Motorsports went out of business a long time ago, I think it was around 2014. The Baja website is still up, I guess simply because no one took it down. There are parts catalogs on the site but probably won't do much good for finding part numbers of small parts such as those springs. Your browser will tell you that the site is not secure but that's not a great concern since you won't be entering any personal/financial information. Coleman resurrected the 2nd gen DB in the CC100X but it has an OHV engine in place of the Baja's flathead. Most owners replace the small engine with a 196-212cc Honda clone such as the Ducar, Tillotson or Predator.

http://www.bajamotorsports.com/file...G_DB30C-G_118_rpl & r_ref only_01_9.24.12.pdf

Charles,
Thanks for the information. As you said the springs are not showing up on the diaghram. Not sure what I am goin to do now. Really just need the springs. Other than that the engine is solid.

Charles,
Thanks for the information. As you said the springs are not showing up on the diaghram. Not sure what I am goin to do now. Really just need the springs. Other than that the engine is solid.
You may have to go to a hardware store and buy something that looks like it would work, trial and error (hopefully not too many errors). Might want to remove the chain or prop the rear wheel off the ground when you try starting it after replacing springs.

I have a small box with an assortment of springs. I do not remember if it came from Amazon or Harbor Freight. I use what I need, and whenever I find a spring I keep it and drop it in that box. Good Luck. Lowe's has a small wall of springs.

DaddyJohn

I have a small box with an assortment of springs. I do not remember if it came from Amazon or Harbor Freight. I use what I need, and whenever I find a spring I keep it and drop it in that box. Good Luck. Lowe's has a small wall of springs.
Ah, the ‘ol spring box! Mine is full of springs I’ve saved from various scrapped snow blowers, riding mowers, small appliances, or wherever else I can squirrel them away from.

Most recently retrieved one suitable for use as a kickstand spring. :)