Bucket list mini bike build

Augiedoggie

I had a home brewed mini bike I built as a young boy in grammer school and survived riding it until I discovered hot rod cars and motorcycles. I decided some years back it would be a bucket list project for me to replicate the project and build it with my current ability and resources. I started collecting parts and planning the build and couldn't decide a plan of action. Should I replicate my old death trap bike for the satisfaction of seeing it again, or build the bike I always wanted to build but didn't have ability to build. I purchased two running REO engines like my old suicide machine used and one will power it. Both engines are in running condition. I have been 1223161633.jpg accumulating parts for this build for a few years but was waiting to finish some of my vintage race bike restorations. A few other projects remain and I'm hoping to start my bucket list bike. Pics of my recent restorations and my REO motors

Attachments

Last edited:
Build them both… was your original Homebuilt Mini Bike powered by a REO? If so, I would start with that one but maybe add some more safety features. Just an opinion. Both sound like enjoyable projects.

Thepaetsguy

Build the bike you always wanted. The three welded together bars in the first picture. I got that far into the build just three pipes welded together that’s it. Then for some weird reason told myself it probably wasn’t even worth building a mini from scratch... I continued on and it was absolutely a ton of fun to build actually and 100% worth every bit of effort I put into it. I kick myself everyday for selling this bike. Now I’m gonna have to make another one.
D6D6C921-7473-43D7-ACF2-139E11AC95B2.jpeg A04123D2-AC49-4C64-8842-A10C480B4E88.jpeg

nightgrider

I had a home brewed mini bike I built as a young boy in grammer school and survived riding it until I discovered hot rod cars and motorcycles. I decided some years back it would be a bucket list project for me to replicate the project and build it with my current ability and resources. I started collecting parts and planning the build and couldn't decide a plan of action. Should I replicate my old death trap bike for the satisfaction of seeing it again, or build the bike I always wanted to build but didn't have ability to build. I purchased two running REO engines like my old suicide machine used and one will power it. Both engines are in running condition. I have been View attachment 305959 accumulating parts for this build for a few years but was waiting to finish some of my vintage race bike restorations. A few other projects remain and I'm hoping to start my bucket list bike. Pics of my recent restorations and my REO motors
I'm stoked to watch this project take shape!