Coleman fork on doodlebug?

I'm pretty sure the DB30 and cc100 are the same frame so you shouldn't have any problems.

The DB30R and CC100X are basically the same. The DB30 and CT100U are similar, but have differences.

The DB30 and DB30R are totally different frames, as are the CT100U and CC100X.

It looks like OP has a DB30R based off their avatar pic.

They're all essentially Doodlebugs, but they aren't all the same. It's important to note which one a person has when requesting info on part fitment.

DaddyJohn

One thing unique to those forks is the trailing axle. The first gen Doodlebug has its axle centered, so it would change your steering geometry.

Anybody familiar with these handle bars on the db30 mine are a little bent and I’m looking for a replacement
That is not a DB30 handlebar. That is a piece of tubing welded onto a fork assembly. Cut it off, get another pipe, and have it welded on.
Maybe get a long piece of pipe, slide it over your handlebar and bend it the other way?

Everything else that’s been cut and welded was me like the rear wheel being further back also I mounted the 125 4 speed and moved the foot pedals as well as removed the old motor mounting plate but I had nothing to do with the steering forks but it doesn’t look as if anyone has messed with the it maybe you’re right but it looks original

Attachments

DaddyJohn

…the steering forks but it doesn’t look as if anyone has messed with the it maybe you’re right but it looks original
On that particular DB30 fork (you can ID it by the axle holding tab) the legs and bars are all one straight piece, continuing up past the top clamp. What’s happened is someone cut them off about 8” above the top clamp and welded a bar across instead. You’ve got 3 options as far as I can tell:
1. Work with what you have there; weld a new bar on top or something.
2. Find a decent original fork/bar assembly.
3. What I’d do is cut the bars off even with the top clamp, put some plugs in holes, drill the top clamp for some risers, and bolt a set of handlebars on there.

DaddyJohn

Last edited:
The DB30R and CC100X are basically the same. The DB30 and CT100U are similar, but have differences.

They're all essentially Doodlebugs, but they aren't all the same. It's important to note which one a person has when requesting info on part fitment.
so the cc100x front

so the cc100x front forks wont fit on a db30?

It should fit, but as noted above, it is different. One has the handlebars bent forward, the other is not bent forward, and one has that "tab" welded behind the fork to mount the wheel farther back.
As far as "fit", yes, I believe the bolt will fit and the fork will mount.

DaddyJohn

It should fit, but as noted above, it is different. One has the handlebars bent forward, the other is not bent forward, and one has that "tab" welded behind the fork to mount the wheel farther back.
As far as "fit", yes, I believe the bolt will fit and the fork will mount.
This is true for the 1st gen DB30, though the second gen DB30 (pictured above) should be pretty much identical to the CC100X. However, this being said, I ordered a front number plate for a CC100X to put on a 2nd gen DB30, and though it looks near identical, the hole spacing was different. So, don’t expect those to interchange.