Exhaust Pipes

Are these exhaust bolt and go? Or is there additional mods to make? Thanks.
depending on your frame there's a good chance you'll have to heat and bend them some to make them clear.

if you're going to do the exhaust, it's also a good idea to do an air filter as well. you'll need to re-jet then too.

You may want a new gasket, and allen bolts look sharp. Copper exhaust gaskets have much better heat transfer and the header can
draw heat off of the block

I always get my headers high temp powder coated, or hit them with the header paint I have. ( I HATE RUSTY PIPES)

Strigoi has a good point, ya mise well add the cleaner and jets, get some more power outa it

Last edited:

NewAge

My buddy has one of those two pipe configurations and it frikin rocks, the sound is awsome and it blows fire at night... I gotta git me one :biggrin:

I got a gx160 any suggestions for a killer exhaust that sounds great but wont hurt the motor in the long run. I am a daily ridder with this bike and going to be riding for hours on end. I don't want to hurt my motor by switching my exhaust.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
The stock class RLV little header pipe works good. I use to ride all day long with mine on my box stock GX200. They are about $30 from american power sports.

ya i think ill just get that pipe so it throws a little rumble to it. I just dont know if it is going to ruin the engine in the long run. I just rebuilt it and dont want to do it again.