garelli

mcv80

Hello all. I have a 1980 Garelli ssxl 50cc moped that was given to me by my ex's father after sitting under a pine tree for 10 years. Got it running last summer and when I was getting it ready for this spring I ended up seizing the engine. So I didn't feel like trying to find another wimpy rare engine, so i ended up picking up a 6.5 clone last week and ended up chopping the frame up to make a lower stance and give it more of a bobber look. I hope you enjoy. I am still waiting on the jack shaft and some engine parts to finish this up and get it on the road within a week hopefully. The engine I just have the basics done. Just removed the governor, 2 stage exhaust, 92 jet, cone filter, & 18lb springs so far. I am also planning on doing some port work to the head to while I have a flow bench available to me in my fuels class.
Before

After

mcv80

Thanks guys. I have looked at different tanks for it, but haven't liked to many I have come across or they are really expensive. I am probably going to end up making one myself.

SpyGuy

Sweet ride. I like the way you've chopped the frame and rebuilt it for the 6.5hp engine. Just make sure those welds are good and strong, may want to put in some gussets, too.

mcv80

Thanks for the tip spyguy. Next time I get a chance to use a welder I will add some gussets to help support the load better.

That's going to make a cool ride, good job, I like it when someone makes something neat out of something that no one else wants, it takes imagiation in a whole different art form.