gotta love Concord

i just went to the liquor store on the corner to grab a couple of Steel Reserves (yes, the high gravity) and was a bit overwhelmed. when i was walking up to the door i had some guy asking me if i wanted to buy some methadone and some other drug, i politely declined. once i got inside all i could see was white trash and gold fronts (not on the same people). :laugh:

as much as i hate this part of Concord, i hahahahaing love it.

yea strigoi , that shit is a real cancer in our world today,in canada it,s just as bad. i live right in downtown calgary now .the city has expanded 10 fold.now i have to deal with inercity problems.drugs ,hookers outfront 7 eleven ,grafiti ,b@e artists , it,s sad that society has gone that way.you have to live in an armed fortress with security a number 1 priority .i,m 48 now and planning on retiring buy 55,should i sell now and move or wait . i want to retire in eastern canada, where im from origionaly , windsor ontario ,i want waterfront.if i sell i have to buy anouther house.my house ive already had a comercial standing offer,680,000.00,the houes isnt worth anything it,s the property the lot size is 50 by 120 , downtown realestate is insane .but good for me .:thumbsup:

Waiting for a time line for your dream to come true means 7 more years of suffering through your existing environment . And at the speed things are deteriorating in moral judgment all over the world you can act now and recapture some peace of mind and have less stress. It's all in your hands to let it make or break you. Let your guns be used for fun not for protection.
Steve :scooter:

Oldsalt

waynelass

Do it. Do it now. Don't look back. I did exactly what you are considering. Lived in Fresno CA. Why anyone would live in Fresno is, as I NOW see it, beyond me. In '89 I adopted a child and then my wife died. Could not bring myself to send the tyke to public school there. Sold my interest in my business and moved to Walla Walla WA. Bought a house for 30k. A year round stream runs through the back yard. The drive to work was 3 minutes. No doped idiots on the streets. No hyped whores standing in front of the 7-11. I was so used to California that it was two years before I could bring myself to go to an ATM without my .380 AMT Backup in my sock. I don't even carry a gun in the car anymore. Been 20 years now since I got away from the big city population of a##holes. I'd eat out of garbage cans in this small rural town sooner than eat at Dennys in Fresno. Fewer rats I'd have to look at. I was pushing 50 when I started the new life. Best move I ever made, although it was scary thing to do at the time. Leaveing my friends and my older children to go to a place where I didn't know anyone was an adventure.

Used to spend some time each year on Prince Edward Island. I loved it. Maybe that is what I'd be looking at if I were a Canadian like you. But I understand the island now has a bridge to the mainland. So it's possible the scum has invaded it too. If you are not going to miss a meal, and it sounds like that won't happen, get out of the big city while you are still young.

65ShelbyClone

i just went to the liquor store on the corner to grab a couple of Steel Reserves (yes, the high gravity) and was a bit overwhelmed. when i was walking up to the door i had some guy asking me if i wanted to buy some methadone and some other drug,
He knew you hadn't spent your money on the 211 yet. It's like the bums that beg for money at gas stations; they try to get it before you put it in the tank.

waynelass

Do it. Do it now. Don't look back. I did exactly what you are considering. Lived in Fresno CA. Why anyone would live in Fresno is, as I NOW see it, beyond me. In '89 I adopted a child and then my wife died. Could not bring myself to send the tyke to public school there. Sold my interest in my business and moved to Walla Walla WA. Bought a house for 30k. A year round stream runs through the back yard. The drive to work was 3 minutes. No doped idiots on the streets. No hyped whores standing in front of the 7-11. I was so used to California that it was two years before I could bring myself to go to an ATM without my .380 AMT Backup in my sock. I don't even carry a gun in the car anymore. Been 20 years now since I got away from the big city population of a##holes. I'd eat out of garbage cans in this small rural town sooner than eat at Dennys in Fresno. Fewer rats I'd have to look at. I was pushing 50 when I started the new life. Best move I ever made, although it was scary thing to do at the time. Leaveing my friends and my older children to go to a place where I didn't know anyone was an adventure.

Used to spend some time each year on Prince Edward Island. I loved it. Maybe that is what I'd be looking at if I were a Canadian like you. But I understand the island now has a bridge to the mainland. So it's possible the scum has invaded it too. If you are not going to miss a meal, and it sounds like that won't happen, get out of the big city while you are still young.
Don't hold back...Tell us what you really think :)

I was born and raised in Southern California and say the changes of that I called the
( ME FOR ME ) generation way back in the 1979 era. I know the problem is caused by a few that reflects on the majority. The same hard working core of people are in the towns like Stockton, Los Angles, & Concord. What has changed is the pride in your city and allowing who you know is the bad element take over your freedom you let it happen inch by inch and then your standards weaken to so called keep the peace.
Portland is surly not the same today as it was 23 years ago. I moved first to a 3500 population farm town in central Washington in 1980 but work economics made me move to Portland in 1985. One very interesting web site to see whats up where you live is ZIPskinny - Get the Skinny on that ZIP (demographics by ZIP Code) it gives you the demographics of where you live or want to live and it is so surprising to see thing from that prospective.
I live in a place where there is a huge amount of people with very high paying jobs and extended educational backgrounds. So to say a place sucks is not that fair but change takes time and it is a shared responsibility.
Soap box is clear now . Steve :scooter:

Last edited:

Oldsalt

Steven

I took your hint and used ZIPskinny to look up the stats on an area I lived in in Fresno. Used the zip for the shop we used to build competition cars in. In that area, according to ZIPskinny: 32.7% dropped out at the 9th grade. 19.3% made it through high school. THINK ABOUT THAT! Free education with a bus ride to school. Head-start. Pre-school. Pre-pre-school. Free lunches. Alternative schools for the youthful felons and the pregnant. Summer school to make up for problems the previous yesr. Teams of non teaching school employes to consul and help students. Bi-ligual programs so that it's not necessary to speak English. Mid-night basketball. And lots and lots more. But with all the special help the vast majority of the folks living in that area can't seem to make it to the 9th grade let alone graduate from high school! But if you ask a liberal you will be told that society [or some portion thereof] is responsible for the 10.2% unemployed and 42% living below the poverty line. I had to leave. It was bad enough living around and having to see such stupidity, but to be held responsible for it, in the eyes of the local politicians & et al., was more than I was willing to sit still for. It won't get any better so if a person can get out they should move to a small community far away from the crazies.

i just went to the liquor store on the corner to grab a couple of Steel Reserves (yes, the high gravity) and was a bit overwhelmed. when i was walking up to the door i had some guy asking me if i wanted to buy some methadone and some other drug, i politely declined. once i got inside all i could see was white trash and gold fronts (not on the same people). :laugh:

If you have a beard and tats,your a druggie !!!!!!! :thefinger:

when i was walking up to the door i had some guy asking me if i wanted to buy some methadone and some other drug, i politely declined. once i got inside all i could see was white trash and gold fronts (not on the same people). :laugh:

Yup, you gotta love the Concord crackheads and bums!

Have you seen the black dude who wears the hard hat, hockey mask, and paintball goggles (sometimes in combination)? He usually walks down Willow Pass Rd. and you can tell he's off into space somewhere. :eek:ut: