Herters mark II

markus

Well I won't touch the bike for probably a long time so I'll offer it up for sale or trade for needed parts or something.

Its a Herters tag says "hudson bay bike" catalog pic off minidoodle calls it a MarkII

It's complete supposed to have a tec 5 in it but there is now a briggs 5 it runs/drives/stops as is, runs pretty good too, couple of pulls to start it and it looks like the homemade gasket between tank and carb starts to leak once its running.

Has the optional light kit both headlight and taillight are JW Speaker brand and both in real good shape(please note they are not hooked to anything though-no juice coming off the Briggs), no rust on the chrome and the taillight lens just needs polished up. Also has the original chainguard and belt guards. Tanks does have fork dents but its looks real solid and usable with a cleanout Only buggered area on the frame is the addition of some tabs near the footpegs which look ghetto and the guy before me cut a littel section of the footpeg bar to fit the briggs in, jackass:thumbdown: I can't figure out what the tabs were for and I see no evidence of cracks or patchwork of the frame at that point so They don't look like they are there for structural.

as you can see form the pics I started getting crazy with the lacquer thinner to see what hide underneath the layers of paint! it gets down to the I believe green (I'm color blind) color real easy, it takes a little more effort for the the dark color to come off though (its an automotive grade paint)

$225

heres my sales pitch :smile: This is really rare, heck they're may be only 20-30 of these in the whole US!!!:doah: Great father son project, great grandfather-grandson project, what better way to say I love you than to buy a dirty minibike for your wife on valentines day...I'll stop there:smile:

I need specific parts for:
'69 z50
'70 10" wheeled rupp
'73 premier BeBe