Hisun Engine Won't Idle Down

Demerest

My Hisun 6.5 runs great especially after putting a new carb on it but I cannot get it to idle down. I can push the throttle on the carb back with a screwdriver and it idles down perfect. I have tried a couple of things but didn't help. I have seen the guy that says to stretch the little spring running from the governor to the throttle but I'm pretty sure that's not the answer.. Could it be that the governor arm under the gas tank is a bit out of whack? I see that it is adjustable. Just thought I would get some expert opinions before I fiddle with it.

SAS289

This started happening right after you replaced the carb?

Does it idle at a slower speed if you remove the light tension spring from the throttle on the carb?

Demerest

So I figured it out. The previous owner replaced the throttle assembly and didn’t have the proper spring for the throttle return so he shortened the governor spring to act as the throttle return. Of course this held the throttle open so it wouldn’t idle down. I just happened to have a governor spring kit for that engine. I replaced the bad spring and added a throttle return spring and it runs perfect.