HS40 Production Timeline?

Calling all Tec experts ...

I'm in the process of rebuilding an 80's vintage custom mini with a really clean and well maintained HS40 that I've owned for about 12 years. After doing a little work on the carb at the end of the day yesterday, I decided to reward myself with a cold beer - and as I was sitting there admiring the HS40's design, it got me thinking ...

Does anyone know when the HS40 went into production? And when were the last ones made? Did Tec continue to produce them right up until then end, or were they out of production when the factory shut down?

Also, my engine number is HS40 - 55620R, which is almost at the end of the long list of HS40 model numbers listed on Partstree. Does that mean it was a later model, or does the model number have no correlation to the production timeline?

Finally, the DOM code on my engine starts with a 7, which I understand means that it was made in a year ending with 7. I think mine was probably made in 1987, but that's just a guess. Is there any other way to determine the year? It has the 4.0 HP decal on the pull start cover, but no Power Sport decal on the tank.

Thanks - and sorry for the long list of questions!