Hs50 throttle set up attempt..

Ok bored today to windy to do much....need to paint but maybe later....had this repurposed Hs50 putting on a ruttman spyder thAt has a non mini bike throttle set up...I happen to have an extra set up but thought I’d try something....not sure it’s going to work but before I take off the shroud thought I’d try.... B681275B-1EDB-44B0-8E8F-36841F4F985F.jpeg 82C26476-A987-418F-BAF2-DE84F66FA153.jpeg

cfh

dude com'on. if you seriously want help post pictures we can actually see without turning our heads sideways. also at least in the first picture you're way too close. there's no perspective and i can't tell what the hell you're trying to show. did you not 'preview' your post first? i highly suggest doing that, it saves a lot of trouble.

dude com'on. if you seriously want help post pictures we can actually see without turning our heads sideways. also at least in the first picture you're way too close. there's no perspective and i can't tell what the hell you're trying to show. did you not 'preview' your post first? i highly suggest doing that, it saves a lot of trouble.

sorry to bother you pal...wasn't asking for any help....just posting nonsense i guess...not an expert computer wiz such as yourself....ill refrain from posting here from now on....to many critics......

cfh

Your computer skills are fine. But did you not look at your post?? If the pictures are sideways, no one is going to stand on their head to view. Or turn their monitor sideways.

Re take the pictures and post again. Don’t get quite so close up too. You have the advantage, it’s sitting right in front of you. We don’t have that. All we know is the pics you post. Look at it from our point of view, we have not seen anything other than your pics.

If it were me, I would post a general pic of the motor. Then get a bit closer and take a pic of just the throttle area. Then maybe a third picture if you’re really to show something close up. And obviously no sideways pictures

Since your motor is black so it appears, you may have to put a little more light on it to to get a clear photo.

Looking forward to your new pics....

capguncowboy

Wow, this got off the rails quickly. Just chill out fellas

Skipp, I agree that it's hard to understand what you're doing with your throttle but i'm intrigued. Care to elaborate?

markus

Skipp, sending you a PM I think I have a super quick and easy answer without any modifications to the mech!.....I just bought an '87 NOS HS40 on Sunday that has they same style non fixed/Detent throttle assembly on it and found something I think can be used.

P.S. I am fine with your pics, Heres the one I got on Sunday :D

Ok bored today to windy to do much....need to paint but maybe later....had this repurposed Hs50 putting on a ruttman spyder thAt has a non mini bike throttle set up...I happen to have an extra set up but thought I’d try something....not sure it’s going to work but before I take off the shroud thought I’d try.... View attachment 240851 View attachment 240852
It will work as long as you don't have any binding, and your return spring is strong enough to over come the drag of the throttle, the cable, and the linkage. Also, I've had great luck hard soldering cable stops on, and doing away with those "screw on" throttle slugs.

Final bit of advice: The "ignore" button works wonders.

Skipp , I see what you are doing in these pics and I think it should work just fine . Sometimes I use the brass cable ends and just put a very short screw in from the back side .

It’s surprising what you can still find in stock at small engine repair shops, especially if you stop in during a slower time with some parts numbers or when they have some time to dig a little for you. A lot of those little linkage parts are still around.

There’s a shop close to me that still carries gaskets and smaller parts....stripped a flywheel but last Saturday and called them at 12...they close at 1....she had one nut and washer left in stock...$2.79....waited 20 minutes past 1 for me to get there....for $2.79....Great place...