I found a flathead in my garage.

I now have 4 of them. One is a 4 horse, which might end up on an old one-wheeled tractor with a 6:1 gearbox. One is a stuck 5 horse that I bought at the scrap yard for the tank, carb, governor linkage and the 4-bolt-hole side cover.
The original 130202 is on our reverse three-wheeler, which is still on jack stands. It has a 4-bolt side cover so we can use a clutch brake, a new carb from China, a new tank from Ebay, has been ported, eyebrows lightly "waxed" and no governor because the side cover didn't have the dowel to install it. Exhaust valve springs installed on both valves. We installed a Magnatron coil and a copper head gasket. I did some filing and polishing on the cam because I don't like the compression release on the intake valve. Valves open and close at a time that makes sense to me, now.
It has been degreased and all threaded holes have been cleaned and tapped. It looks exactly like the 40 year old rusty tiller engine that it is. The sticker is still on the shroud, along with surface rust and other "patina". It started on the second pull. Slight adjustment to the pulsa-jet, and it idled so smooth we couldn't believe it was running. Except for the screeching noise coming from the recoil starter thing on the crank. My hearing is about gone, but my son ran out of the barn holding his ears and screaming. That is taken care of. No oil smoke, some back fuel smoke when opening the throttle. Backfires pretty good when I close the throttle. Now, I need to remove the broken bolt in the end of the crank, finish welding the frame, install the clutch, chain, and brake. We have a garden tractor seat and old bike handlebars on it. We are thinking about finding an old chrome shopping cart to use as a protective cage. I think the bottom section would make a nice hoop over the driver's head. Will, my 9 year old designer, thinks the big, deep steel basket, flipped upside down, would make a good safety cage. I really need to get camera!