I notice that 1973 to 1975 Rupp Roadster 2 all seem to have a rear sprocket with oblong shaped holes. Were 1972 bikes a mix of oblong and round?

GustoGuy

I have a 1971+ style frame Rupp Roadster 2 that I am going to be doing a Resto-mod on it since I do not have a good running period correct Tecumseh HS40. Whoever owned my bike went and painted it Yellow however I see around the rear shocks were the washer was that the swingarm that the color was originally black. It has a Chrome front fender and all the 1973 and newer Roadster 2 bikes seem to have painted fenders. It has a round hole rear sprocket and all 1971 bikes have that rear sprocket and some 1972 may be a mix of both round and Oblong hole rear sprockets?. By 1973 and newer all the rear sprockets seem to have oblong holes in them. Did Rupp make a mix of 1972 Roadster 2 bikes with both styles of rear sprocket? Here is a picture of my round hole rear sprocket and unless I have a Franken bike which I may have my bike has a black frame with this round hole rear sprocket. My best guess is my bike was a 1972 since I have a Chrome front fender.

Attachments