I would like to Introduce myself.

Mean Dean

Hello everyone, I would like to introduce myself to everyone on this site. My name is Dean H. I am 49 years old. I grew up in West Detroit just a mile away from The Ruttman Mini Bike Showroom on Ford Rd in Dearborn Heights Mich. I went there just about everyday as a kid and as a grownup. I went there from 1965 to 1986. My last mini bike was a Black Ruttman Spyder 5 H.P. that I bought for my daughter in 1986 . They closed soon after that. It was $599.00 New. I have close to 30 Mini Bikes mostly Ruttmans. I have some NOS parts also. I have 6 all original ruttmans. A bunch have been restored. I have a few Rupps also. One is an all original Red Hustler. I also have a Rupp Go Joe that is all original also. I have 10 Grasshopper Choppers. 10 Spyders. 3 Wild Gooses. 2 Vultures. A few Horny Toads, and one all original Ruttman Go Cart in Black. If anybody needs any help with Ruttman mini bike info I would gladly like to help out. I will sell a few of my Restored Ruttmans also that have been done for a few years and go on to do the next set. I think this is a great site so far and look forward to meeting a lot of people on here. I am very greatful to have grownup in the mid 60's with all of the cool mini bikes, Schwinn Sting Rays, Muscle cars and great rock and roll.
Sincerely,

Dean H.

Welcome Dean : When I had my shop we had kids that would come in almost daily to look at the mini bikes we sold the Taco's, Rupp's, Powell's.
And for me I knew they longed for their dad to have the interest in their dream of owning a mini bike.
I remember one day out at a 500 acre MC park called Saddle Back I saw a young boy sitting on his mini bike and not riding, well his dad left him alone in the park with a can of gas and a bag lunch for the whole day. When his mini bike blew a chain his day was over by 9:00 AM .
Well I took his mini bike and rebuilt it from all the parts I carried with me. New chains, new clutch, Throttle cable and I made a friend for the day who I never saw again.
Your collection is great so put in some more pictures of your mini bike and the go kart.

I also sold Rupp Go Jo's they were a fun machine to ride.
Steve :scooter:

Mean Dean

Thanks guys

I applaud you on helping that poor kid left alone. I would have done the same. It is nice to know there are alot of good people still out there and who appreciate these rare mini bikes. They are all part of us growning up in the 60's and seventy's. We rented some farm land in South Lyon to a family who turned it into racing track for mini bikes. It was called Liberty Park. It was on 10 Mile And Napier roads. They raced on Sundays. I got to run it every day during the week. I remember A kid who's first name was Davey Jones I think. He was a good racer and won most of the time. His Uncle owned the Small Engine Hospital engine Shop on Telegraph and Ten Mile. My ruttmans were no match for the rupp enduros going over the hoop dees. Straight aways I would pull away. Thanks to all for the hello's . I will add another photo of a few Spyders.

Dean