Is this Enough?

vjjjc

I posted a message on the general thread that I recently got my old-mini-bike out. It's running kind of rough and the clutch is probably 20 years old. It doesn't seem to have that much power at all. When I was riding in the grass, kind of soft ground, it had a really hard time getting going and never got up to full speed.

My question:
It has a kawasaki 3 hp motor. If I get the motor running right and a new clutch, should my mini be able to push me (200 lbs) around flat fields and grass pretty easily. Like I said it was struggling just to go 5-8 mph.

Then what kind of clutch? Does more teeth (10,11,12) equal more speed or torque? I think the rear sprocket has 60 teeth. Should I go to a 72 tooth?

I am considering putting a 5 hp motor in it but my kid, neices and nephews are going to ride it and I don't want to much power but enough for me to have fun.

Lastly, how about these torque converters? I saw one that was just bolt on and adds hp and top end speed. Any recommendations?

Thanks!

go with a torque convertor. comet sells the torqavertor [tav2 or 3] that will bolt right up.[don't know how your frame is set up tho]there are many accessories that can be had for this set up,such as springs,weights,and regulators that would reduce the speed of the vehicle it is on.centrifugal clutches are not recommended for applications with 15 inch or larger tires.[as stated in the literature for the comet torque convertor].they are more pricy than a cent. clutch but worth every penny.

one last thing.after reading your post above again, you'll need to adjust for the fuel tank if using a 5hp briggs[you know the one with the gas tank under the carb]