Lil Indian Project (my first mini bike) *REPOST*

Ok, well here it is, my 14th birthday present. It's a Lil Indian frame and forks with one tire, both hubs, Hand grips, A 5 HP Briggs, and and a few other little parts. I know my basic mechanical skills, but I do not have much experience, so help me out.

the main frame and forks
3rd pic

Here is the Briggs, with a pretty crappy paint job. It is supposed to be rebuilt, but currently it does not run. I will change the oil and put new gasoline and then see what happens. I am also planning on getting a straight pipe for it. Does anyone know what year this is from exactly?
Pic 4 and 8

What exactly would be the purpose of this wire? I fiddled around with is for a while and yea I know it is part of the throttle connection, but I'm not sure what you do with it.
pic 5

I'm pretty sure that the piece on the back that you can press down with your foot from the foot pegs is a Brake right?
pic 7

Now this may sound stupid, but why is the back axle hole like this? What is the purpose of this.
pic 3

Now these, I have no Idea what they are for.
pic 1
I have no Idea what this is intended for either.
pic 6
Here is one tire, both hubs, the hand grips, a muffler that doesn't fit, and the bolt for the forks which is to big because it doesn't seem to fit.
pic 2

Well, I'm happy with the paint, that's not to big a problem, but I do need axles, a clutch, a sprocket, some tires, a straight pipe or muffler, and a few other things. So I guess it should come together pretty well.

I will keep you guys updated, so tell me what you think.
Thanks,

Last edited:
Ok, I will test the wire once I get the motor running, but if it's not a lil indian, than what is it? The craigslist ad said it was a lil indian, so that is what I believed it to be.

OK well heres the first update. I ordered a set of tires/tubes. I also found out the spark plug was shorted out, so I took the engine to a lawn mower repair shop and bought a new sparkplug and got the correct muffler for it. I will put up a video of everything pretty soon.

I still don't know what these are. (below)

71dodge

in the first pic it looks like it could of been a bracket for a chain guard the second pic looks like bolts for a muffler and the thing in the middle goes to the muffler and then you bolt the muffler down to the motor then after that little piece of metal is installed you bent the tabs on it so the bolts dont wiggle out. thats for a stock B&S 5hp muffler

OK well its been a long time since I have updated this thread and I will upload some pics tommorrow. I have mad alot of progreess by gettin the engine runnin, I am in the proccess of repainting the frame, I got some tires and tubes, I ordered axles, a killswitch, and several other things.
What I still need to do-
Get mounting hardware for the engine
get the sprocket properly drilled out
Get wheel spacers
possibly buy a clutch brake kit
I also stripped two wholes on the side of the crankcase, so I need to buy a kit to re thread them.

Well, thats it for now, pics are coming soon.