Manco thunderbird on Facebook markeplace

brown boonie

JUST REMEMBER-EXPECT IT WHEN YOU LEAST EXPECT IT!
Both look like good buys, thunderbird is a bigger bike. All depend on what your looking for. A small frame or mid sized. Engine parts ez, chain and sprockets ez, all other parts not bad either.

I did see a manco streaker few weeks ago but needed little tlc its small for sure,about the thunderbird how is compared to a baja db30 is it much bigger never seen one in person.

I got an answer from the manco streaker owner and the only thing missing is the clutch guard, everything else is still original. Could probably get it for 200.00 maybe less.

Last edited:
Can you fit on the Streaker? The T-Bird is a little bigger and has a front suspension and a seat with springs to absorb bumps. I had 2 T-Birds before. I liked them.
In post 1 you asked for input. IMO the T-Bird would be the one I'd buy. The parts are available and if you don't care about it being 100% original you have a lot of options. I would leave the scrub brake on but put a clutch band brake on it. The clutch brake works WAYyyyyy better as long as the chain is still on. If the chain breaks or come off, you have the scrub brake as a back up. The clutch brake also comes with a small clutch/chain guard. You can fab up something longer to cover the chain if wanted. The throttle asy is cheap and comes with a grip for the other side.
The kill switch is easy but my advice is to mount it on the handle bar next to the twist grip where it is easy to get to in an emergency - like if the throttle sticks wide open. A switch on the frame or on the engine requires you to let go of the handlebars while you hunt for it. That short time could mean you get away unhurt as opposed to crashing. My opinion, others will vary.
The T-Bird front seat pivot may need some work to tighten it up or the seat will sway left to right as you ride it.
The T-Bird has bigger diameter wheels and tires, they help in grass or rough ground as opposed to the small Streaker tires.

Let us know what you get. We can help with advice and problem solving.
Danford1

Thanks danford1 those are very good tips that I already planed for in case I decide on either bike, still no reply on the thunderbird. There are about 4 or 5 thunderbird showing up between craiglist , facebook and offerup and they all range in the 300.00 dollars , I was hoping the above mentioned one would have responded because I really don't want spend more then 200.00 right now. I found what looks a good conditions thunderbid from the pics on craiglist and going to call today to see if price is negotiable http://https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/mcy/d/manco-thunderbird-mini-bike/6344869115.html

A lot of times, if you call and ask if the price is negotiable they will say no. If you are there in person and wave some actual money at them, most times they will take it.
Go and look at it. You can take it for a ride as a bonus. Just riding a minibike would be worth the trip if he is local to you. Then if he won't come down you can go home with the satisfaction that you rode something that day :)

Danford1

Clear, but working in one old mini bike is part of the goal ...
I thought about finding and restoring a vintage bike, but I don't have the time right now so I just search for mint bikes at a good deal :smile:. Who knows maybe next year I find the time and get a bike to restore. Meanwhile happy riding when the weather permits .

I have a Super Bronc, [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16] I could deliver [emoji106]...

Sent from my iPad using OldMiniBikes
I did see pictures of your Super Bronc sure looks like a blast to ride but out of my price range , why would you part with it ? If you was closer to me sure wouldn't mind to take for a spin :scooter: