Mikuni style carb question

So I am working on my bike, I believe it is a Golden Pinto. Bought a Predator 212 did the billet flywheel, billet rod, flat top piston, 22lb valve springs, and a mikuni style carb with a pulse pump. Ran it for a break in on a test bench I built and it was running pretty good. Mounted it to the bike tonite and when I started it it was running basically full throttle. I don't have a lot of experience with Mikuni style carbs but I had not adjusted anything from when I tested it. I know the slide doesn't close completely but it seems to be open too far to me. I know it's in correctly and I backed the idle screw completely out and it doesn't seem to go any lower. How big of a gap should there be? If I turn the choke on it will idle down but the second I open it up it is way higher than idle. Any suggestions?

Minimichael

The slide should close all the way. Then a couple half turns to the idle screw raises it up just about a millimeter or two. That should be your starting point. Are you sure you don't have another air leak at the manifold?

Different bike. Bike with leak was stock 212 for my neighbors kid. This is my project bike. So it should be all the way closed. I don't see what is holding it open. I took top off and turned the slide around thinking I messed up and put it in backwards when. I hooked up throttle cable but that was farther. Guess ill have to take it completely off bike a see what the hell I screwed up

Minimichael

Running cables along bends and such of a bike frame can actually cause the cable to contract within the sleeve a bit. I had a bike all set up and then realized turning the handlebars left was equivalent to giving it a little gas.

Slide in 180 out? Cutaway should be in front. Also could cable be tight not letting slide close.
I played around with flipping it around thinking I messed it up when I installed the cable. Ill have to take the whole thing off the bike tomorrow and see what I screwed up.

When you ran it on the bench for break in, was there a throttle cable hooked to it?
There was and it worked fine. I had to take it off and run it through spots in the frame so somehow I have reassembled incorrectly. Unfortunately I have been sick and not feeling like working on it after work fornthe last couple days. Hopefully tonite I feel.better.