Need help with ID

Hey all.

My son and I are new here and are looking for help to identify this minibike. It has a Newton 3.5 hp engine. Newton was the new name given when the Clinton Engine company was bought out by a company in Taiwan in the mid-seventies, I believe. The engine is a rebranded Clinton series 404 without the recoil. The bike may or may not be the original for the engine. My son is planning on rebuilding the bike as close to original as he can but if that turns out to be impossible then we will improvise. lol

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Tim Newton001.JPG

markus

Looks like a chrome frame ruttman, too bad they cut the fender straps off as the chrome looks like it might be pretty nice under that spraybomb! You could buy a complete bike in chrome, but heres a shot of the frame and forks from one of their catalogs since thats all that is from Ruttman on your bike.

ruttman1 accesories (2).jpg

Looks like a chrome frame ruttman, too bad they cut the fender straps off as the chrome looks like it might be pretty nice under that spraybomb! You could buy a complete bike in chrome, but heres a shot of the frame and forks from one of their catalogs since thats all that is from Ruttman on your bike.
Thanks Markus, it does have the chrome under the paint and my son said it had looked like a Ruttman he saw in pix. But this catalog shots shows the frame exactly. Any idea of the approximate year?

Now we start searching.

Thanks

Tim