Newbie just bought this bike for $10.00

Newbie just bought this bike for $10.00 please help

I just bought this bike please help with my wiring problem

It has this kill switch with no wires connected

These are the wires coming out of the engine black, red, and yellow

How do I wire it to make it start, Even just to be sure I repaired the rest of it correctly.

Last edited:
Hey Ace

NICE FIND! I got the same minibike minus the clutch cover. It cost me $150 and that was still a deal. You got a great deal! As for the engine Its an old Tecumseh H50 (5hp big block) engine. With lighting coil. If it runs its worth $150-$250. If you restore the engine i see them sell on ebay for around $450. And im just talking about the engine.

You dont need any wires hooked up to make it start. If your just trying to start it, just disconnect any wires to the engine. The black should be for the kill and the others are for the head light and tail light.

Real cool find! Let me know if your going to get rid of the clutch cover. Ill take it.

Josh

Thanks Josh!!!

I appreciate the advice, I will probably try to restore the bike to original condition. I got up early today and took all the wires loose and still no turn over. I have new oil, good spark, great engine compression, so I think Mabye some tinkering with the carb. It just wont turn over!!!!!!!!!!!!

You tank is probably full of rust and you'll need to clean your carb and check the line. And try a squirt if starter fluid. :thumbsup:

fuel

Yeah I already replaced the fuel line, and cleaned the tank by putting some rocks large enough to get out, and gas in it and swirling it around.
looks ok now. I tried putting gas in past the butterfly but still no fire..
Mabye I will try some starter fluid.:mad2:

Oh yeah I am also currently trying to remove the muffler to see if its possibly clogged, do you know if there are baffles or anything in there??

Hey Ace

....As for the engine Its an old Tecumseh H50 (5hp big block) engine. With lighting coil. If it runs its worth $150-$250. If you restore the engine i see them sell on ebay for around $450. And im just talking about the engine....
Josh
I have a Tecumseh HH60-1050800 serial number 0350R with 12v charging system on the flywheel and a 12v starter (on a Troy Built rototiller).

Are those worth about the same money??

Hey GuyW

Its not an original minibike engine. But its still a great engine! HH60 is the HD cast iron block engines. I would say if it runs good and looks good you could get $150-$200 for it.

Josh