Newer Tecumseh, Older Carb

Yes, the stuff should interchange to some point.. The intake should work, but sheet metal depends on the flywheel style.. It LOOKS as if that one has the aluminum flywheel and SHOULD give you the clearance to get YOUR shroud on it... ALTHOUGH the starter mechanism is different and you will most likely have to fabricate a starter cup to make the old ratchet work in the newer cup... You will have to change the backer plate that the shroud mounts to with your throttle stuff, and that may have a different bolt pattern, BUT you can probably just drill out the rivits from your backing plate, then bolt the throttle assembly to the backing plate of the new engine... Anything is possible with enough :hack:ing.. But yeah your base of a block should be about all the same..

Actually after looking closer it's probably an iron flywheel.. The depth on those is deeper and might not clear the shroud... We kinda need a different pic from the front, bottom, kinda lookin up... :laugh:

furyus

Yes, the stuff should interchange to some point.. The intake should work, but sheet metal depends on the flywheel style.. It LOOKS as if that one has the aluminum flywheel and SHOULD give you the clearance to get YOUR shroud on it... ALTHOUGH the starter mechanism is different and you will most likely have to fabricate a starter cup to make the old ratchet work in the newer cup... You will have to change the backer plate that the shroud mounts to with your throttle stuff, and that may have a different bolt pattern, BUT you can probably just drill out the rivits from your backing plate, then bolt the throttle assembly to the backing plate of the new engine... Anything is possible with enough :hack:ing.. But yeah your base of a block should be about all the same..
It does look like the same block, and the manifold appears similar, as does the exhaust bolt pattern. Hard to tell when you've got an engine in one hand and a picture in the other. Seems folks always shoot their pics just a few degrees off of what you really need to see! I never really cared for the later shrouds compared to the older ones, but it isn't an absolute deal killer. You're right - anything can be done depending on the effort. I was ready to hit the "buy it now" button, but the dude jacked his price up from $300 to $395, and that made me reconsider.

Thanks for taking the time.

furyus

It does look like the same block, and the manifold appears similar, as does the exhaust bolt pattern. Hard to tell when you've got an engine in one hand and a picture in the other. Seems folks always shoot their pics just a few degrees off of what you really need to see! I never really cared for the later shrouds compared to the older ones, but it isn't an absolute deal killer. You're right - anything can be done depending on the effort. I was ready to hit the "buy it now" button, but the dude jacked his price up from $300 to $395, and that made me reconsider.

Thanks for taking the time.

furyus
Yeah screw him.. :hammer: Thats too much for a 93 rototiller engine.. You would have to change the crank, cut threads into the block for your original coil to work... It's done.. Let the guy dream.. :laugh: