no DUI for me

it's been over a year now and the DA never filed charges. i just got back from the court and they have no record of it so the case has expired.

did you learn your lesson.......? even though there were no charges
yes, if i'm going to be drinking and mini biking i have to look out for cops a little more carefully.

really, i did though. i've quit drinking and driving. i can't afford to have this happen again. my lawyer cost me a lot of money.

wow it maid me think, its been since december 1970 since i had a drink, i mean the kind
that got me drunk,,you are all safer now,plus my famley,man i was realy bad !!:scooter::smile:

Oldsalt

Strigoi! Glad to hear you got the issue overwith. They sure have me scared so i have been takeing it easy.

In my old age it's hard enough for me to keep my old harley upright and between the fence posts when I've had nothing to drink. My habit now, when I go to my favorite watering hole, is to have two beers the first hour and a second beer the second hour and then stop. Even then when I motor back home, or to the number 2 watering hole, I notice that I start haveing too much fun with the throttle. I figger that spacing out them beers is all thats necessary to avoid compications.

i've pretty much quit drinking when i go out (will have a beer or two at the most). it's nice not having to worry every time a cop gets behind me. i also do a lot less stupid shit that could get me in a lot of trouble when i'm sober.

Strigoi : Great news and the attitude adjustment of that kind of trouble not just cost a bunch of bucks but how long a conviction follows you is unbearable.
In 1973 in December I gave it up . My 1972 Dodge Maxi Van guided by a drunk ( ME ) hit three parked cars and I was very lucky to not be ticketed. It put me out on my VW Trike in December weather for 5 to 6 weeks with 25 freeway miles to work @ 6:00 AM I have never been even close to drunk since and would say I don't drink at all now.
Glad for you to escape your trouble.
Happy Sane & Sober New Year Steve

Drinking and driving not cool I lost a good friend to somebody who thought two beers would not hurt It did not hurt him but it did my friend and his window with 2 kids to takecare of by herself.

Back in 1988, I was hit head-on while riding my rice rocket by someone who was drinking. I was in a coma for 8 days, a wheelchair for a year and permanent steel rods down the leg, two on my spine, with six screws and one bolt. Then 16 months ago, the ex got into an accident with my two kids and 3 other kids from the soccer league. She was drunk. I have no respect for drunk drivers!

Together we stand-Divided we fall. Mini's forever!!

Tom S

Doing someone for DUI on a mini bike is pretty weak I think. There is some really lame case law to include DUI for pedal bikes even. A real motor vehicle is a whole different story in my eyes.

Tom

Strigoi hurling along on a minibike IS a fair amount of kinetic energy, but we know that MADD does not stand for Mothers Against Drunk DoodleBugRiders.

Strigoi hurling along on a minibike IS a fair amount of kinetic energy, but we know that MADD does not stand for Mothers Against Drunk DoodleBugRiders.
there are not many cars out at night when we ride around there. it seems like that town goes to sleep by 9pm. cars are really the least of my worries because we can see them way before they see us.