porting thread

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
It works, but the bad part is that the guy on that site isn't explaining it well enough. The improvement he is going to make is going to be very minimal because of his type of porting.

Last edited:

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
He is just porting the head mildly that's all. It will be better then stock. I like to go all out the first time. I use to believe that if you go to far your motor will loose bottomend power and only have top end. But that isn't true at all. Modifying the head to allow more flow lets in more air/fuel mixture to compress. Meaning more bottomend and topend.

He is just porting the head mildly that's all. It will be better then stock. I like to go all out the first time. I use to believe that if you go to far your motor will loose bottomend power and only have top end. But that isn't true at all. Modifying the head to allow more flow lets in more air/fuel mixture to compress. Meaning more bottomend and topend.
ok well most just wont more power not balls to the wall power :thefinger:

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
What I do for a mild to wild setup is very simple.

mild-stock valves with full port work
medium-larger then stock valves with full port work
wild-largest valves that would fit will full port work

I currently run a medium setup on my gasoline minibike. 27mm intake(2mm larger) valve with a stock size exhaust valve. I have done other heads with larger valves then that. The porting I do is basically the same on all of them.