Scat Cat Face lift

For my wife for xmas

Started as

I stripped the frame and front end and primered them then sprayed two coats of gloss white

more pix to come..

Yep but gettin there

Here's the paint drying

Here's some doo dads I powder coated

Here's the front end with the paint I used (after primer and white base coat) - pix suck, it looks good

gettin there

Just gotta gove the motor a face lift and wrap it all up.

hitman

What'ca think of that paint? I got a jar of "freaky flakes" in radiant red and wanted to paint the streaker for the build off with that; but, that would cost me $200 for my painter friend to paint and then clear. I was looking at the paint you used in the store awhile back and I was wondering how it looks. Looks like you have the same high tech paint booth that I have as well....:cool:

Last edited:
THe paint is $10 a can and I used 2 cans after the white but it looks awesome under the flourescent lights in my shop. I bet in the sun it'll look even better. The paint was scratching easy during reassembly and had a bit of a rough finish so I went to Advance Auto and got some Dupli-color clear last nite. I took everything back off and wet sanded the paint with 1000 grit. Then I sprayed clear according to the label: One light coat, 10 minutes later one medium light coat, 10 minutes later one "wet" coat. It's drying now so hopefully, tonight, I'll start getting it back together.

I spray bombed the little 3.5 hp motor with 300 degree Dupli-color white (about 4 coats) last night. I know this bike ran good so I'm dropping that motor in for xmas. I scored that 5hp Brigss leaf blower I posted in General talk that I may drop in after xmas bit it runs only on ether so I gotta figure out the blockage or air leak or whatever is causing it not to run and also make sure the shaft and clutch all work together.

I ordered antique Briggs stickers off ebay for the 3.5 hp motor (there's a guy that makes them) and I thought they'd be here by now. I'm just hoping to have them in time...

Last edited: