ShelbyClone

Hey buddy, how did you like are little mini blizzard today? I got almost 30" of snow @ my house. Kinda sucked though because we had concert tickets for Metallica. But since they close all the ways out of the AV we couldn't get down there to see them. Talk about a messed up day, that was $2,000 worth of non refundable tickets down the drain.

What can you do though right? Anyways, our last ditch effort was to try & make it going down Lake E road, but we spun out right by Godde Pass road. I was only going 5 miles an hour & the car basically did a 180. But it must of been a sign, because the entire time I was think how the hell would we turn around if we had to head back the way we came? So maybe it was good luck. Anyhoot, I seen a snow plow & I asked him if we could follow him back towards town. He keep the road nice & safe for us.

To bad it couldn't of happened closer to Christmas. That way we could of atleast enjoyed the concert???

Last edited:
how many tickets did you buy?

i refuse to spend more than $30 for a show. most of the ones i go to are under $20 a ticket.
We had 4 tickets $500 a pop back in September when we bought them. I usually don't pay for tickets at all, but me & my friends are big fan's & had been waiting almost 10yrs to see them live. So to us it was worth the money to have the chance to rock out. I just feel bad for my friend, he really is a huge fan, can play every song they have on drums, guitar & bass. And to make it even worse, we were going on his birthday. So not being able to make it down there just made him feel even more like he's got bad luck.

Only rock concert I ever went to was a free impromptu street concert in Century City and it was by Janis Joplin . I didn't know who she was at the time I just followed the huge crowd across Century City. That I think was in the summer of 1969
Steve :scooter:

damn, i would never even consider spending $500 to go to a concert.

i could have gotten a free ticket to Metallica when they played here. my friend's g/f is friends with someone who works for them. i can't stand their new stuff (Black album and newer) so i didn't bother.

damn, i would never even consider spending $500 to go to a concert.

i could have gotten a free ticket to Metallica when they played here. my friend's g/f is friends with someone who works for them. i can't stand their new stuff (Black album and newer) so i didn't bother.
Yeah, I'm more of a fan of their older stuff too. I do like some of the songs on the Black album, but everything after that is kinda just like whatever??? Good thing about this concert was they were playing alot more of their older song's & only a few from the new album as a promotion of sorts.

So the good news is we bought some more tickets for tonights show. So it looks like we'll get to see them after all. I'm still contemplating writing a letter to the band about our particular senario from last night. I'm hoping they some how get the letter & maybe try to do something about it. I'm totally fine with what happened. I understand the risks of buying concert tickets.

But for my friend it was just sad. I'd really like to try my hardest to directly contact the band member's via letter & not through some fan mail place. I think if they actually read what I plan on writing they might send my friend some kind of autograph or maybe some tickets to another show? Who knows, but it's worth a shot right???

I'm with you Strigoi. I have been to tons of shows and I have never paid more than $30 for a ticket. I do not even think I have paid more than $25. That is what is sweet about indie music. No big labels, no lights lasers or glitter. They just get up and rock out. When they are done, they go and sell their own merch at a booth and you can get to know the guys. That is the type of stuff I like.

65ShelbyClone

I don't always check the Off Topic forum here, so that's why I'm late. :wink:

It varied between 10 and 12"+ here around 3400ft. Higher elevations obviously got more, lowers got less. We have two 4x4s that are great in the snow('93 Explorer Sport w/ Bridgestone snow tires and a '70 FJ40 with BFG Mud-Terrains), so the biggest problem with driving anywhere was all the other people who got stuck in the road from trying to take a passenger car through 18" of snow. :thumbdown:

This was yesterday afternoon:

And this afternoon after about 2" had melted:

I'm with you Strigoi. I have been to tons of shows and I have never paid more than $30 for a ticket. I do not even think I have paid more than $25. That is what is sweet about indie music. No big labels, no lights lasers or glitter. They just get up and rock out. When they are done, they go and sell their own merch at a booth and you can get to know the guys. That is the type of stuff I like.
those are the only types of shows i go to anymore. there might be 500 people there. i've been to a bunch where there may be 30 people there for the first few bands which is also lots of fun.

it just sucks that The Pound closed. we were going to usually 3 or 4 metal shows a month there. the only problem is that it was in a very ghetto area of San Francisco (Hunter's Point area). there are a few other venues now that bands are starting to play at, so it's not quite as bad. it just seems like all the good shows are on weeknights. i have to be up for work at 5:10am so i can't make it to those.

Like I said before I usually don't even pay for tickets. If I want to go to a cool show I usually just get tickets for free from my buddy. However this was a special occasion & too us spending $500 each for these tickets was no big deal. If you take $500 & divide by10yrs (3650 days) of waiting thats about 14 cents per day. Not really a big deal, I got a bucket I toss my loose change into, so I'm sure these enough in there to cover the ticket.

65ShelbyClone,

Looks like the snow hit your pad pretty good too. I'm diggin the old Honda too. What year is that? I used to have a 91 CR250 that I should of never sold. I ridden a few new bikes & they just don't seem to have the thrill that bike did. Now a days there making bikes so easy to ride anyone can do it. It's like there sissifying the world. Get on an old bike and learn to ride like a man right???

65ShelbyClone

You'll notice I don't have the kickstand down in that picture. :wink: The Honda is a '95 XR600R. I got it used with a bunch of work already done, so I saved a few bucks on things like the Yoshimura exhaust, cam, and XR's Only ported head. :smile: Before I got it, I thrashed around on a '92 CR250. The XR weighs 280lb dry and the CR was only 219. I didn't think much of it until going through miles of slow sandy whoops on the 600, then I started noticing the weight. It feels a bit heavy in the snow, too. :biggrin: To make matters worse, the cam and porting softened the bottom end quite a bit, so it has to be kept "on the pipe." It's fun when it's in the power, though. I ran out of gear doing 97mph(about 7100rpm; max power around 6000-6500) and I think it has the power for 105. I would like to get another steel frame '92-96 CR250 some time. I only sold the first one because it wasn't the best trail bike.

My old man has a small pile of mid- to late-'60s Honda projects; a '69 CT90, a '65 250 Scrambler, a '68 305 Superhawk, 305 Scrambler frame, and a spare 305 Scrambler engine. He also has an '84 XL600R which is the only bike that runs right now.

Forgot that I have a pic of the 250:

Notice the "For Sale" sign on it. :sadcrying4:
Yep, same bike I used to have. I also was sad to see it go, but atleast I made a pretty penny on it. I bought the bike for $500 from my cousin, but some dough in it & ended up selling it for $2,500. At the time work was slow & I needed to pay car insurence. So I just sold the bike & paid a full year in advance on the insurence. I miss that bike, I tore it down to nothing & basically restored it with a few little twist.

The guy I sold it too said he had been riding dirt bikes since he was 12yrs old. I warned him to be careful riding the bike & I suggested he take it out to the flat ground first to get used to the power band. He promised me he would & then about a week later I heard he crashed, broke his neck & had to be air lifted to the hospital. Another good friend of mine told me the bike was totalled. I felt bad for a long time, but I always tell myself that I warned him plenty of times about the bike.

What can you do right??? Anyways, i got a line on another 91 CR250 for $300 bucks. But it needs everything & it's getting harder to find parts for the vintage stuff. A friend of mine over at Chapparell told me that most companies stop producing inventory for bikes that are 5yrs old & older now. So finding stuff like factory plastic is becoming more of a problem.

I had some cool pictures of me restoring the bike & jumping. But I let one to many people get on my laptop & some idiot got me a good virus. I lost everything on my computer. It was my fault though for not backing up my sh_t...