Smog pump supercharger

HMMMM...small automotive carburetor with an accelerator pump and a power valve, maybe?
No idea why his carb stuck.
Why is there a serpentine belt pulley on that motorcycle head?
He has a 40 part series on that Barbie Jeep but the only videos I’m interested in in the moment is the ones where he is running boost.

The video before that one shows he welded and extended the camshaft to drive the amr300 the camshaft spins at half the rpm so he needed a big pulley. Amr come stock with a 2” or so 8 rib serpentine pulley

He removed the slide carb and a butterfly carb from a vw worked perfect.

In other country’s gear pumps are used for boost. This thread is my test with a smog pump but also a catchall for nearly ANYTHING I find Interesting in the homebrew boost category. They are also straight through configuration. So like a real supercharger in one end out the other. DB4FA721-A1B1-4FC0-8D55-355F2B4F7D4E.jpeg 294F9FBC-160E-41C2-B694-13F5FFCCC8EB.jpeg 06EAC621-05BD-4CC7-BEE4-DF59E7A4EDB0.jpeg

That really looks awesome!!! Great work!

Please keep in mind...if you want to see boost, you need a load on the crank. You need something to slow the crank enough to allow boost to build up in the cylinder. Otherwise, excess intake causes excess RPM. Maybe install a clutch, a chain and put the chain around something that won't move? That way, you can read your boost gauge as the clutch smokes, and you can allow it to cool at idle.
Redneck dyno.

Last edited: