Some cool Colemans

I'm disappointed in the lack of mods to the engines. They should at least be sticking some 15+hp engines those bikes to really make them go.

MJL

They are very poor handling bikes !
My CT200U doesn't handle for shit, but at least it's fast with 17ish hp and a TAV on it. Lol
I hopped on the kid's Coleman the other day for the first time in a long time and couldn't believe how much worse it handled compared to my Baja. So I set about fixing it here:

https://oldminibikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/stretching-and-lifting-the-coleman.172864/

I attribute the poor handling to a rearward center of gravity and a poor rake angle. Told my wife they probably designed it around some dumb idea like the ability to fit them on a pallet

I hopped on the kid's Coleman the other day for the first time in a long time and couldn't believe how much worse it handled compared to my Baja. So I set about fixing it here:

https://oldminibikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/stretching-and-lifting-the-coleman.172864/

I attribute the poor handling to a rearward center of gravity and a poor rake angle. Told my wife they probably designed it around some dumb idea like the ability to fit them on a pallet
Rake and trail are a thing people need to be aware of when building bikes and what their intended use is. We messed around with that some on my drag project (it's a roller finally). My friend that made the frame wasn't happy with how it first came out. It has yet to be ridden, so more changes may be made still. He has a custom bike that he built from scratch that he runs at Bonneville, so he has some idea as to what he's doing. He'll hopefully be getting a record this year.

On my CT200U we're probably going to be lowering the bike 2"-3". It only sees street use and that will help a lot with being able to launch it, which is almost impossible now. Also got to play around with some rear footpegs. We could do wheelie bars, but I don't really want them on this bike.

Rake and trail are a thing people need to be aware of when building bikes and what their intended use is. We messed around with that some on my drag project (it's a roller finally). My friend that made the frame wasn't happy with how it first came out. It has yet to be ridden, so more changes may be made still. He has a custom bike that he built from scratch that he runs at Bonneville, so he has some idea as to what he's doing. He'll hopefully be getting a record this year.

On my CT200U we're probably going to be lowering the bike 2"-3". It only sees street use and that will help a lot with being able to launch it, which is almost impossible now. Also got to play around with some rear footpegs. We could do wheelie bars, but I don't really want them on this bike.
Try the fully suspended front option. It helps immensely with front end stability and is a reasonable option at approx: $ 175.00 I couldn't imaginer riding a 200U without one at any speed other than stock, un modified

Lizardking

Stability gets scary the faster you go on the stock 200u on pavement. I haven't taken it on an offroad trail which is what they were made for.