Stock chikunis move fuel!

Makes me wonder... It’ll dump enough fuel to feed a 4cyl maybe it could be toned down for a tiny little 206cc EDIT: that’s not a 4cly it’s actually a 6cyl View attachment 305810
It'll run a 206cc flathead without a problem when jetted appropriately. Both myself and @Minimichael have them running on Chikunis. I now have an insane plan to see if I can get better mileage out of that F150 with a straight-6 300 that is lazing about.

Do you have an air/fuel ratio gauge for the F150? Please check it before you get started? My mind says if you modify it and still have the same AFR, then you get the same mileage, or close to it. Will be interesting.

Do you have an air/fuel ratio gauge for the F150? Please check it before you get started? My mind says if you modify it and still have the same AFR, then you get the same mileage, or close to it. Will be interesting.
I got one laying around somewhere that I'd be able to dig up. It's mostly just a dumb idea for later. You could achieve the same AFR while putting less fuel in and essentially slowing down the velocity compared to normal. The reality is the engine would probably drop to like 35 hp and somewhere around zero torque for that 24 mpg. While the mpg boost would be nice compared to the roughly 10-12 mpg it gets now, it likely wouldn't handle a bed full of sticks without stalling from the load.

nightgrider

There is a YouTuber that ran a mild Ford 302 V8 on a lawnmower carburetor in a 70's Ford Maverick. Even drove it on power tour 2022. He put it on a dyno while on power tour. It significantly cut the performance but mpg did increase significantly. Below are links to the videos. Well worth the watch, just for the entertainment.