Tecumseh carb problems

My buddy has a go cart with a tecumseh 5.0 hp ohv engine and the fuel wont get past the bowl. he rebuilt the carb and I think the bottom bolt holding the bowl cap on is whats causing the problem. The bolt has 2 holes at the end of it and has to be lined up to a fuel passage inside the bowl and we cant figure out how to align it because you can see inside once the cap is on. he`s willing to sell me the motor for a hundred bux if we get it lit. Heres the codes if this helps. OHH50, YTPXS1721AA I`m sure many people have this same engine here.

Hey Nutwagon

Toss that non adjustable carb and get an adjustable carb. Brandt at www.ruppparts.com can hook you up. Ask for a H50-H70 carb. Its alittle bigger then you ohv5hp carb. It will give you alittle more performance.

Josh

When ever you buy carb cleaner look at the list of ingredients and buy the brand with the most poisonous, dangerous, and cancer causing ingredients that have been banned in California. I use a product called Berryman B12 Chemtool. I also use steel guitar strings to clean out the really fine holes. I then blow it all out with my compressor. If the carb is really gummed up you may need to go through the process 3 or 4 times.

Did he replace the little white gasket (fuel inlet valve seat) for the float needle? if so did he seat it all the way? Was this a total rebuild with all new parts and gaskets? Did he do the the welch plugs too?