Tire & Rim Sizes

So, I've had my DB-30 for about a month now and I've noticed a very small leak in my rear tire. So, I took the rear wheel off and located the leak. Its coming from the bead of the rim. I rotated the tire on the rim to determine if the problem was the tire or the rim itself.

The good news is the problem is the tire as opposed to the rim. The bad news in trying to find tires that will fit! I spent a ton of time trying to find a decent tire for a fair price. I found a Cheng Shin C829 for $25.00CAD at my local ATV dealer.

The size is 145/70-6. Here is the issue. The old Wanda tire fit a 5.00 rim (width). Any tire I see listed online, including the one I purchased (and installed) is intended for a 4.50 rim.

I don't seem to have any problems with the new tire, however, it is narrower on the rim than the old tire. The install went fine and there are no leaks at the present time.

I'm not a tire expert, but is it okay/safe to install a 4.50 tire on a 5.00 rim? I can't seem to find any information online regarding this.

fonz

I found a nice Turf Savor 15x6x6 tire at Tractor Supply for 25 bucks. A nice tread pattern for dirt or street. It fits the standard rim easily and gives it a pinch more top end speed.:scooter: