Trash to treasure update!

My 14yo son and I have been working off and on to get to this point, now comes disassembly, paint and reassembly! We are going to call it The Gypsy Colt as it is a little of this and a little of that, and the stance reminds us of a little colt! Here it is in various stages up till now, we still have to change the rear tire a DB unit with the sprocket and rotor switched to center it with a carlisle turf saver and front rim and tire 16" tuff wheel machined to accept 1- 3/8" bearings, also a chain tensioner and rear fender!

looks good, is that the frontend of a schwinn stingray I see there.
Yes it is, I carved out the front frame section and welded it on a clapped out and rusted Arco frame and relocated the axle tabs for the larger rear assembly & fixed the rusted tubes! Also has a DB caliper on the lefthand side, a true Gypsy!

My 14yo son and I have been working off and on to get to this point, now comes disassembly, paint and reassembly! We are going to call it The Gypsy Colt as it is a little of this and a little of that, and the stance reminds us of a little colt! Here it is in various stages up till now, we still have to change the rear tire a DB unit with the sprocket and rotor switched to center it with a carlisle turf saver and front rim and tire 16" tuff wheel machined to accept 1- 3/8" bearings, also a chain tensioner and rear fender!
After some changes, a seat, chainguard, and 3.5hp briggs we are rounding the bend and need to put some ape hangers or something like them on it! I added a spring loaded chain tensioner, occ schwinn pedals for footpegs/footrests, and kick stand as well! It will be painted black and the tuff wheel and DB rear assembly now match having painted the DB wheel red! It was decent with the 2.5 briggs and the azusa chainguard, but those will be going on my Cat 350x! Here it is so far, wont be long now!

That looks really Cool. How does it steer with that front end on it? Pretty Good?:smile:
Thanks! With the tuff wheel and turf saver tire rather than the DB knobby and larger bars it is fine! The small bars and the spoke wheel and knobby it was a bit scetchy, it is not a track bike just a rider for my soon to be 15yo son! He rides pretty well and it is my/our first custom build, we are proud of it and will have it donein a week or three! I am taking some time off since one of my employees has proven to be a good leader! So I'll use the time to get some projects, minibike and non minibike stuff as well!

Now I know where You got that name Supernova. I seen it in your garage, along with the El Camino. Now you can work on that one. Those are also fine looking. I wish that I would have saved a few of my muscle cars. :thumbsup: Oh well. Enjoy your time off. :thumbsup: :smile:

After some changes, a seat, chainguard, and 3.5hp briggs we are rounding the bend and need to put some ape hangers or something like them on it! I added a spring loaded chain tensioner, occ schwinn pedals for footpegs/footrests, and kick stand as well! It will be painted black and the tuff wheel and DB rear assembly now match having painted the DB wheel red! It was decent with the 2.5 briggs and the azusa chainguard, but those will be going on my Cat 350x! Here it is so far, wont be long now!
Looking Good Super :smile:

Looking Good Super :smile:
Thanks Wayne! We are proud of it and will be painting very soon! We are waiting to find the perfect fit for handlebars, you cant rush perfection! I am looking at lowrider bicycle units just not the twisted gold plated ones:lol: It's always nice to hear from you as you are always positive and never critical, an asset to the site all around! :thumbsup:

Now I know where You got that name Supernova. I seen it in your garage, along with the El Camino. Now you can work on that one. Those are also fine looking. I wish that I would have saved a few of my muscle cars. :thumbsup: Oh well. Enjoy your time off. :thumbsup: :smile:
Thanks, I've owned the Nova for 24 years, the El Camino for 14yrs it is a 78 and does'nt have to pass emissions! I will probably keep it and make a pro touring car, or a car for my 14yo son!

I think I like it more and more each time I see it. I cant wait to see the paint, or have you though about having it Chromed?
Chroming it would be cost prohibitive and take away from the bobber theme, thanks for the compliments! It is my first custom minibike and when it is finished we'll get back to our many other projects before attemting another custom! I have 2 more chopper bikes waiting to cut up, the next one will have a hand built frame!

The last photo's of the now without a name, my son keeps changing his mind but it is a gypsy with parts from everything, the latest additions to the list are some Arco Bushwhacker bars, a "supercharger" minibike gas tank I scored off Ebay for $9.99! The shipping was $12! Everyone slept right through that one, the thing is in great shape! Also a bicycle kickstand and pedals for foot rests on welded in studs, the chainguard was a $5 piece a dude that hauls scrapmetal sold me, I shaped it a bit but it was the same for the most part! The seat was an Ebay regular It was not much$, and finally the exhaust pipe I welded to the B&S muffler was a 70 model cutlass heat riser tube off a rocket 350 motor! We will be painting it soon and will ride and enjoy it, I am not spending much to paint it, keeping with the low buck theme! We rode it with 2 other engines before this final change/changes it has a nice little 3.5 B&S now, and I'll post pics of the finished product! Soon I hope........................:scooter: