What year is it? Fox trail bug.

New to the forum here and I have a fox trail bug mini bike in red. It currently has a 4 hp Briggs by wards engine on it. The serial number is 32471 and I am looking for a year and or manual for it. I am having trouble with finding information on the fox trail. There is a lot of fox mini bug info out there but not a lot for the trail.

Thanks in advance
Tom

Tom, You may be looking for something that does not exist. I've been working with Fox Campus bikes for 49 years now and I have never seen any information linking serial numbers with dates of manufacture. That's not to say that in some attic or garage in Janesville, Wisconsin there aren't a bunch of old Fox records or papers that would provide that information; it's just that I have never seen or heard of it. There are several members on here who have Trail Bugs and I'm sure they (and I) would love to see some pics of your bike. Ogy

Scottessey

Looking forward to seeing pics of your T-bug. There are a few distinctions in the design that will help you narrow down the year. Ogy-wan is the fox jedi and is more familiar with the subtleties than I am. But here is a brochure and a picture of mine.

Here are some pictures. I have done some work on it since I picked it up last week. It seems like everything I touch on this bike results in more work. The brakes weren't working so I pulled the rear wheel off to find out the bearing is not seated. Then the brake line broke. So at this time I need brakes and then my boys and I are going to tear it down and repaint the bike.

Ogy, need some suggestions on brakes. It has Bendix brakes 5 inch on it but I can't find replacement pads for Bendix. There seems to be about a 1/4 inch of pad left but it must not be enough. Any suggestions on replacement pads.

Thanks all and I will keep you posted on progress.

Tom

Tom, Something doesn't sound quite right with your brake shoes. The original Bendix 5" brakes came with 3/16" of lining. If you've got 3/16" or more you should have more than enough to do the job. I've attached some pics of an original pair of Bendix 5" shoes for you to compare. Could you post a pic or two of your shoes and setup? If you do need to reline your shoes the easiest way is to strip the old lining off of the shoes you now have and epoxy new lining on. McMastercarr.com sells lining by the foot. Kustom Kart has a wonderful tutorial on relining brake shoes in the supporting members section of this site. I am not aware of any manuals for the Trail Bug but if you PM me a mailing address I will see if I can dig up some schematic diagrams for you. Ogy