wheels for younger/ budget bikers

If you are looking for tires like I was but want to save money heres one. Walmart has the carlise turf saver II in store.

15x6x6
$20

This is the company I got the kenda super turf from. great road tire but the shipping is almost as much as the tire.

Last edited:
olajoe, so what's the ride like using a turf tire on a minibike. Was there a lot of vibration? Also, do you a have a picture of it on the bike?

Thanks

olajoe, so what's the ride like using a turf tire on a minibike.

Gnarly?

Was there a lot of vibration?

Do good ones count?

Also, do you a have a picture of it on the bike?
Here you go.:scooter:

Last edited:
I was just asking about this the other day in another thread. I didn't get a response, but went ahead, bought the $20 tire at WalMart and mounted it Saturday. I don't have any pictures of it on the bike, but it runs much nicer than the stock tire. I am happy with it and plan to replace the front tire with one once it peels off.

I was just asking about this the other day in another thread. I didn't get a response, but went ahead, bought the $20 tire at WalMart and mounted it Saturday. I don't have any pictures of it on the bike, but it runs much nicer than the stock tire. I am happy with it and plan to replace the front tire with one once it peels off.
Should have mentioned this one is two ply vs the kenda super turf four ply

olajoe808, Did you ever install this on your rim? Wondering how it fits. If its squarish after inflated. LMK
Excellent :evil_laughter:

I'm assuming it's a pretty tight fight, probably real snug, very little wiggle room, maybe even have a little bite to it.

being that it's a turf tire seems it would want to smooth over as it moves probably not accomplished well if it square edge a path in its wake.

From what i hear it "runs much nicer than the stock tire" and
"they work Great".

Now you got me thinkng Vette66. Did i buy the right tire? Do I want to have it installed? I don't know but that governor is getting removed one way or another and then I'm banking you with brake set up questions. I'm too young to die and on a mini can you imagine the front page headlines:thumbdown:

i digress the wheel is not installed.

Last edited:
Excellent :evil_laughter:

I'm assuming it's a pretty tight fight, probably real snug, very little wiggle room, maybe even have a little bite to it.

being that it's a turf tire seems it would want to smooth over as it moves probably not accomplished well if it square edge a path in its wake.

From what i hear it "runs much nicer than the stock tire" and
"they work Great".

Now you got me thinkng Vette66. Did i buy the right tire? Do I want to have it installed? I don't know but that governor is getting removed one way or another and then I'm banking you with brake set up questions. I'm too young to die and on a mini can you imagine the front page headlines:thumbdown:

i digress the wheel is not installed.
I think I may have to go down and get one. I have a rear wheel coming from Baja to make a Front brake set up and Opted not to get a tire.

I will be glad to answer any of your questions and the brakes. Ill tell you right now that hydraulic Brakes are the way to go for the rear. We did a test in the front yard. COMPLETELY stock DB with my 90 lbs son on it and me with the Mod'd DB Im 228lbs.

I was able to stop about 5 feet shorter than he was going about 25mph with out locking up the brakes (it took about 6 tries cause one of us would lock up). Its just a more positive feel.

The hydraulic brakes also will stop you if your bike engine spring breaks and your going full throttle (dont ask how I know LOL). 39mph feels like 100 when you dont have throttle control. LOL

The hydraulic brakes also will stop you if your bike engine spring breaks and your going full throttle (dont ask how I know LOL). 39mph feels like 100 when you dont have throttle control. LOL
The brakes in the batters box. Thanks for posting that info. Your set up has our vote.

olajoe808, Did you ever install this on your rim? Wondering how it fits. If its squarish after inflated. LMK
I was a bit worried about the "squarish" issue as well when I purchased mine. However, what you see is a result of WalMart stacking them and the resulting compression. Once inflated, they round up and ride nice. I'm thinking of picking up a couple of spares before they increase the price once everyone figures out they fit on Minis. :thumbsup:

I was a bit worried about the "squarish" issue as well when I purchased mine. However, what you see is a result of WalMart stacking them and the resulting compression. Once inflated, they round up and ride nice. I'm thinking of picking up a couple of spares before they increase the price once everyone figures out they fit on Minis. :thumbsup:
Do you have any Pics of the installed tire? I still have not gone down and purchased one.

Dont look the same. Different tread and the sidewall looks shorter. But I get the picture the others should work. I'm gonna get some tomorrow to try out in the front.

I just installed the same tire on one of my DBs. It is slightly wider than the stock tire. You may have to make some adjustments if you are running the hydraulic brake.