Square module connected to low oil sensor

jays0n

I've searched and searched and found that I can easily remove the low oil sensor issue by just snipping the wire but I can't seem to find any info on what that small square module does that is connected to the oil sensor. It appears to me that after cutting the sensor wire I should be able to remove it as well and just connect the wire from it to the kill switch directly to the block. Can anyone confirm or deny that?

CarPlayLB

I take all that stuff off! All you need is the one wire from the coil to the switch, and from the switch to engine block (ground). It is that easy!

jays0n

Thanks for the quick reply, that's what I was hoping. Do you normally remove the oil switch or just snip the wire and leave it? If you remove it what size bolt do you replace it with to seal up the hole?

jays0n

I wasn't planning on opening up the case so I'll just snip the wire. Assuming that the sensor itself won't fit out the hole hence the case needs to be opened?

Typically one could even just unplug the oils sensor instead of cutting it.:wink:

I had done just that, and found a wire connector the same type and used it to wire the kill switch, using a momentary on push button switch.