Beware of Rachel Mierop on Ebay

capguncowboy

I'm not sure who this person actually is, or why they do the things they do, but this person is a menace. When I had my Rupp engine for sale, they purchased it with Buy It Now. Then they immediately sent me a message and said they thought it said a different price. Needless to say, they backed out of the deal. Then, the super-nice Rupp Roadster that went for $3050 last week was won by the same bidder (Rachel Mierop). They didn't pay and the seller had to relist the bike. The same bidder has placed bids on several of my items over the years and retracts them.

I haven't a clue what the game is here? Inflating prices in the hobby? Anyone else have issues with this "buyer"?

Yeah that's him. It took a week to get paid then he goes to California and wants me to ship to some address out there after he paid. I counted 66 messages from him over one transaction. It was more trouble than it was worth.

I have watched them bid Rupp items up over the past few months. Looks like they got stuck with the Roadster and then backed out of it. I wish EBAY would do something about people like them.

capguncowboy

I have watched them bid Rupp items up over the past few months. Looks like they got stuck with the Roadster and then backed out of it. I wish EBAY would do something about people like them.
They also bought that 69 Roadster engine I had for the crazy high BIN of $900, then immediately emailed me and said they thought it was $600. I cancelled the sale and blocked them right then and there. I don't have time to fix problems created by people that can't read.

capguncowboy

Why don't they report him?
I messaged the seller and told him that I was interested in his bike until that piece of shit started bidding on it again. He claimed he blocked them, but he clearly didn't since they're still the high bidder.

It's too bad. that's a nice bike and it's exactly what I've been looking for.

I've been on eBay for a bunch of years, I feel like people are just jerks now. In the past, I feel like eBay was better about staying on top of this stuff as well.

He didn't know how to report him. He has now and got a refund from the last "no sale". The loser can't bid on it anymore. It's open bidding time! That really is a nice bike. I hope he does better on it now.