Florida mini bikes.

Once again I have found myself in the South (Huntsville Alabama). I was talking to a work friend tonight from Tallahassee
Florida and of course, after a couple beers, I started talking about minibikes.

He recalls having a minibike as a kid in the mid 70's. He said it was red, had a square brick shape seat, plain wheels, small square frame, and he thinks a Briggs engine, no suspension.

I tried hypnosis, but that is all his mind could come up with.

There is a good chance he will become a born again mini biker, so this is important.....

Maybe Tallahassee, Florida area minibike brothers (and sisters) might advise and post pictures on the brands of minis prevalent in that area in the golden years.

Also, he busted the frame on a jump, so he is legit.

- Greg

markus

K C Manufacturing was in Quincy FL which up around Tally. I don't know if they made a simple bare bones bike though.

bottom left is the simplest one I have ever seen from them

They made the Dura bikes this was the first version and was advertised in MINI bike guide in the early 70's, they made and sold bikes and karts into the 80's maybe even longer.

I had the next up version Dura-trail (which has been the most commonly seen model) that I picked out of Miami, its a medium-large size bike

Stellar had something down in south FL in Opa Loka but I don't know how much was coming out of there.

Clark manufacturing was pretty heavy down in the southeast as well since they were near Atlanta, Carter bros was in Alabama, simplex/valiant in Louisiana. Thats the few I can think of off the top of my head for southeast manufacturers