Coleman ct200u crankshaft replacement

I got a Coleman ct200 with a broken output shaft. I replaced with a 3/4 shaft but didn't know the original was 5/8 since it was broken, now it won't start, is that 3/4 shaft compatible with that engine or did I not install it correctly, any reply is greatly appreciated

Thanks for the reply, still have spark and compression, not sure exactly which engine, I'll look when I get home, the crankshaft was exactly the same except for the output shaft, made sure dots were lined up on the gears, made sure I'm getting fuel, I'll look exactly which crankshaft I got and engine and will post

Did your flywheel fit without any issues?
Did you remove the head?
Did you adjust your valves when you got done?
Did you check for spark at the spark plug, or from the cable to the block? (Does your PLUG make sparks?)
Welcome to Oldminibikes! We'll get you fixed up.
Does it still have the plate on the side of the engine and two chains? If so, you will need a 3/4 inch clutch, also.

Last edited:

SAS289

If you got a $30 crankshaft it's most likely the correct clone crankshaft.

When you were working inside the block did any of the two lifters fall out? If they did then you need to pull the rocker cover off and get the push rods back into position. With stock valve springs it's easy to do. Just push down hard on the top of the rocker just above the valve to open the valve and provide clearance to slip the push rod back into place. Make sure the bottom of the push rod is in the lifter first.

Yes both lifters fell out, flywheel fit on good, ya I was planning on getting the 3/4 clutch,awtetpje Standard 3/4" Parallel Crankshaft For Honda 5.5HP GX200 For Predetor 196cc 212cc, that's the crankshaft I git

Did your flywheel fit without any issues?
Did you remove the head?
Did you adjust your valves when you got done?
Did you check for spark at the spark plug, or from the cable to the block? (Does your PLUG make sparks?)
Welcome to Oldminibikes! We'll get you fixed up.
Does it still have the plate on the side of the engine and two chains? If so, you will need a 3/4 inch clutch, also.
Thank you for your help

Nope. As long as the cam followers are installed, you should be able to press and pull on the rocker arms to install the pushrods, one at a time.
Ok ya I think that's my problem since they both fell out, I'll get that pulled apart tonight and look up how to install those back correctly as I'm not sure, thank you for your help, I'll keep yin's posted

The bottom end of the pushrod sits in a little cup on the follower. When you get it in there, lift the rocker and place the pushrod under the rocker, and release the rocker.
If you can't move the pushrod up and down, it's probably in there correctly. Pull the rope slowly, you will see if the rockers are moving or not.;)

The bottom end of the pushrod sits in a little cup on the follower. When you get it in there, lift the rocker and place the pushrod under the rocker, and release the rocker.
If you can't move the pushrod up and down, it's probably in there correctly. Pull the rope slowly, you will see if the rockers are moving or not.;)
Great, I'll do that tonight after work and will post with updates, thank you so much, ya I didn't think it was a problem with the crankshaft since all the measurements were the same except for that output shaft, thank you for that explanation,