Recent content by 100202

1. 1

The Millerbike

I request the admins remove my registration from this forum. I'm done with this.
  2. 1

The Millerbike

Honestly, what help have you been so far in this thread? All you've done is set out to explain to me what a dumb kid I am for trying to make this bike a functional, legal machine, which is EXACTLY what my grandfather wanted to do with it. He simply never had time or money to put on a springer...
  3. 1

The Millerbike

If I would have realized what a bunch of ignorant bastards some of you would have been about this project, I wouldn't have even come here. Sorry for wasting your time and trouble. It's nice to know where I don't fit in. Thanks to those of you who had helpful, constructive things to share.
  4. 1

The Millerbike

I plan on running a headlight and taillight/brakelight and figured 100w would be a reasonable figure for peak consumption for both.
  5. 1

The Millerbike

Wow. I had no idea saying I didn't want to argue the merits of clones vs flatheads on my project thread meant I'd wake up to a three page debate on what my recently deceased grandpa would have wanted done with this bike. Thanks guys. My dad and I discussed this and we think he'd have gotten a...
  6. 1

The Millerbike

O.k. Yes. I will totally race you with my heirloom:out:. How close is Yorkville to Peoria? Hopefully I'll see you at the TT parade in August. Alright, I'm leaving any further clone debate up to everyone else, as it doesn't really belong here.:hammer: I'm not going to convince anyone of...
  7. 1

The Millerbike

BTW, my grandfather bought an HD 45 new in '48 and a CB350 new in the 70's and liked the Honda better for the fact that it ran smoother, quieter and more reliably. I don't think he'd have a poblem with this.
  8. 1

The Millerbike

The original fork was bent (and kind of crappy to begin with). Since this was his kid's bike, it got whatever fork was handy, in this case a low-grade schwinn steel model. The rest of the ones he built had springer forks he built. If anything, this is as close to a correct replacement as...
  9. 1

The Millerbike

With the wicked awesome new springer fork, seat bag and snappy red bungee cords. Currently the bike is good for about 35mph. We eventually aim to mount a lighting kit, build a new front wheel with a brake, install a Torq-Averter, title and license it.
  10. 1

The Millerbike

With the new motor, jackshaft sprocket, tires and rack.
  11. 1

The Millerbike

Essentially as we received it, albeit with bmx tires for testing puposes (the original goodyears were dry rotted to pieces).
  12. 1

The Millerbike

This is a bike my grandfather and great grandfather built in the late 40's. They made about 10 or 20 of these bikes and powered them with small briggs or clinton engines. This one belonged to my dad. He rode it from the early 60's to about 1973. It was just recently returned to him...
  13. 00228

14. The Millercycle motorbike

The Millercycle motorbike

With the new motor (a Greyhound 6.5 clone)
  15. 1

New member, new biker

BTW, I tried to start a project log, but my thread didn't post.