Recent content by ArcticMinibike

1. ArcticMinibike

Arctic Cat Fuel Tank and Cap

Who lucked out and got this a few weeks ago? Check out the cap!
  2. ArcticMinibike

I bought Arctic Cat with H50 Tecumseh want to put a TAV2 on it will it fit?

Ditto! The Saxonette models go around 25-30 on a good day. My small-wheel models slightly edge out my spoked 10" 72's. I found the official West Bend 820 specs (they're still being made) but max rpm was the only spec not on the list. I found a post claiming that the 580 and 700 models were...
  3. ArcticMinibike

I'm not so sure about the conversion feasibility. Everything is more than a simple flip. What I can tell you is that you don't want to be going 50+ mph on an Arctic. The Screamer was definitely an appropriately named rocket, but the supposed 55+ has always been a bit of a legend...more legend...
  4. ArcticMinibike

I concur, definitely a converted 71 Prowler, possibly a 72 Whisker with added front brake. Nice shoehorn job to pack that engine in there. Saxonette's rule!! (throwing in a dig at my buddy Mike) Smooth 2-speed acceleration without all the slapity slap pop of a lawnmower engine and ringing...
  5. ArcticMinibike

rt21 trading any good??

I hate to buck the trend but... I bought from him two or three times many years ago. Talked to him on the phone a few times. Kept in contact for a while and bought a few things. He wanted me to send him an AC Climber exhaust I had so he could reproduce it. I declined. Like most in the NOS...
  6. ArcticMinibike

What is this worth?

Six years of membership on my end, same occasional questions about value (doesn't bother ME, but just review the policy against it), same a-hole responses to newbies and veterans alike. The latter is why I'm no longer a paying member after being one for all those years. The negative vibe here is...
  7. ArcticMinibike

its a artic cat but what model

Engine and exhaust will be the hard and/or expensive things to find. The rest is fairly common among all Arctic bikes. I've got a few recoils, maybe a spare to sell. You've got the original long-version kickstand for the spoked wheels - Yay! Those can be hard to find. Correct throttle with kill...
  8. ArcticMinibike

Arctic cat Hill climb restoration help.

I use a similar method as Ding Ding. It's never failed me. If there's lots of fuel residue, I always start with carb dip. I've used gasoline, but carb dip reduces flammability and dissolves the junk better. Comes in a gallon can. Pour in two or three cups of the dip. I throw in 2-3 dozen 3/16"...
  9. ArcticMinibike

Arctic cat Hill climb restoration help.

Excellent project bike. Most of the parts are readily available. It's called an Arctic Cat Climber. (not hill climb - just to clarify) For the screw that comes loose, use a drop or two of Loctite or Permatex thread locker. Use the blue (easily removable), not the red (requires heat to remove)...
  10. ArcticMinibike

How much is this go kart worth? It’s a streaker fun kart

For real! Welcome to the only forum where some seasoned members are complete dicks to new members just because they missed a section of the rules. Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
  11. ArcticMinibike

Looking to buy a few 1972 ramrod items

JPR95 is a member here who is all about Ramrods, but I haven't seen him here in quite a while and he's not usually into selling much of his stuff. We're both in Omaha, but I haven't been to see him in a few years. I assume he's still around. He's an amazingly talented welder but also a very busy...
  12. ArcticMinibike

Help with identifying this beast

Can-Am Spyder Roadster prototype. Lol. Sorry, couldn't resist. That is bizarre!
  13. ArcticMinibike

Arctic cat prowler 1972 restoration

Great Arctic model. They are easy to restore but some parts will be hard to find and expensive. Hopefully yours is fairly complete. The recoil is especially rare and fragile $$$. The Saxonette engine lower end is really easy to break down and rebuild but it's not likely to need it unless the...
  14. ArcticMinibike

Arctic cat Saxonette points and condenser

Picture attached is an original NOS ignition set. Sorry, not for sale. The parts you're looking for are: Sachs #0265 052 003 condenser (Bosch #1-237-330-035) Sachs #0983 106 000 points (Bosch #1-217-013-015) Sachs #0240 066 009 pivot pin Bosch Connecting Wire #1.214.440.000 - possible...
  15. ArcticMinibike

Arctic cat Saxonette points and condenser

They are around. I might have a spare set. I can at least get you the part numbers. Unless your points are missing or really bad, you should be able to recondition them. I have a pile of Saxonettes and have never had the points fail to the point that a little wet/dry sandpaper couldn't fix...