Recent content by b52bombardier1

1. B

7/8th Shaft Belt Centrifugal Clutch

Anybody got a source for a 7/8th shaft belt drive centrifugal clutch? I can find them for all the sizes either side of 7/8ths but not it. It only needs a single belt and will go on Harbor Freight vertical shaft engine with a keyed shaft a little over three inches long. Many thanks, Rick...
  2. B

Old Briggs No Spark, 100 PSI Compression

I acquired a used, later model Briggs magnetron ignition coil but its post mounting holes are about a quarter inch too narrow for the posts on this engine. And somebody else bought that Ebay magnetron before I could get it. Rick
  3. B

The price and the mounting post spacing certainly look favorable. Has anybody actually used one of these on a 3.5 horsepower vertical shaft engine? I am somewhat sure that the engine serial number is 92902 1140 01 7606 1704 but this recoil housing is probably not original to this engine. Rick
  4. B

I guess the spacing for the mounting post is the same for either unit? Do you have a model number that you think would work for the solid state unit? Thanks, Rick Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
  5. B

Interesting video and I will definitely run that multimeter test tomorrow. It just seems to be an incomplete test though because it only tests the secondary side of the coil. No check of the primary side of the coil was done. Rick Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
  6. B

Hello, I checked the continuity of the coil from the points wire to the high tension spark plug lead and found that it HAS continuity. The two brain cells that I dedicate to small engine repairs tell me that this would be bad - failed coil. By my reasoning, I should not have any connection...
  7. B

Hello OND, I will give the cleaning a try tomorrow. Maybe I can avoid buying a tuneup kit. Rick
  8. B

Hello OND, Yes, a few light blows and it did pop right off. With the aluminum points cover removed, I used some 1000 grit wet-dry sandpaper on the points and cleaned up both surfaces. But still, no spark with the flywheel back on. I thought the points wire might be grounded but moving it...
  9. B

Hello OND, Yes, the recoil starter clutch is off and now that I have looked at a few YouTube videos, I think I can get that flywheel off without cracking that aluminum engine case. I will let you know very soon. The shaft has been soaking in some Kroil penetrating oil for about an hour...
  10. B

Hello OND, I have gotten the recoil clutch off the flywheel but I'm stumped after that as to how a puller can remove the flywheel. All of the puller apparatus that I can see online appears to need threaded holes in the top of the flywheel for the puller bolts to thread into. The top of my...
  11. B

Hello, I have an old B&S vertical shaft engine (3.5 horsepower) with no spark and a hundred PSI for compression. The model # appears to be 92902 1140 01 7606 1704 but I'm not certain this is the original pull starter. What usually knocks out the spark on these engines? I believe this...
  12. B

Fighter Chickens

I'm down to two from the nine I had earlier this year after a coyote or a fox got in while I was not there. I will also rebuild my flock in the spring with chicks. Rick Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
  13. B

mini bike run from cops

Cops have radios and helicopters. You can't outrun either of those even with an alky-fed engine. Rick Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
  14. B

Does anybody here NOT own a minibike?

My family will put one in the casket with me someday and I don't care if the lid won't close. I just hope they have no - ethanol fuel in heaven. Rick Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
  15. B

super bronc paperwork

My two Honda ST90 bikes from the 70's both have titles. I had to go through Vermont to get them registered and plated before Louisiana here would title them. The Louisiana DMV won't touch a vehicle on just a bill of sale but with a Vermont reggie, it's no problem. Rick Sent from my...