Recent content by biasedmind

1. B

Powell Challenger

PM, Call, or Text Phone# 4one7-5zero1-9one43.
  2. B

Powell Challenger

Vintage 1968 Powell Challenger (SR# 1668-C). Includes the Custom designed and built parts by the Powell brothers: Spark Arrester, Torque Convertor w/ cover, Shift lever, Rear Brake. Requires a Briggs flat head 5hp engine. I have the engine that was on the bike when I got it but I never invested...
  3. B

Powell Challenger

I've decided to sell my Powell since I have moved to the suburbs. The project has had no advancement because of 2 moves for 2 different jobs in 2 different states. $500 you pay all shipping cost.
  4. B

76 briggs points .

The Ace hardware store by my house has Ace branded condenser, points, and spark plug kit for $7.49. at that price I keep 1 in the tool box all the time now.
  5. B

Soda Blaster?

Has anyone tried making a soda blaster for cleaning engines? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vuENNhOMQs
  6. B

5hp w/ reverse

The redneck engineer in me wants to use use the reverse direction in some way. I just haven't figured out how.
  7. B

5hp w/ reverse

Engine was seized when I got it, but I wanted it for parts. Cylinder already had transmission fluid and head gasket looks brand new. Someone was going to try and free this motor. Cylinder is scared so I don't know that I'll try to salvage the jug unless someone has an idea what the reverse...
  8. B

S.E.A (Small Engines Anonymous)

Matt, I get it. I had the best time working with the pair of Briggs I grabbed last weekend. I could see myself flipping a few to feed my habit and keep the wife off my back. This weekend I think my 9yr girl and I are going to tear into her new go kart engine for a little Engine 101. She's...
  9. B

WOW! Do you restore and sell? I'm not looking to buy, those are a little to high end for my addiction.
  10. B

Love the advise from one "junkie" to another... just give it all to me, I'll save you by using these demons that haunt us. Thanks for jumping on the grenade for me. And when I fall off the wagon you'll graciously take those demons away too. Teach me to seek refuge with people that "don't have a...
  11. B

That would just throw the balance off. Then I'd have 5 motors and 1 toy.
  12. B

Hi my name is Aaron and I have a problem. Since finding a Powell Challenger at my Dad's and buying my girls a go kart I've purchased 3 engines. 1 H25 Tecumseh and 2 5hp flat head Briggs. I now have 5 motors and only 2 toys to put them on. The go kart came with a 7hp Intek Briggs and the Powell...
  13. B

Tecumseh H25 $50

bump
  14. B

Go Kart engine swap w/ to much toque & speed

The torque issue was caused by my big butt. Put my 9yr old in it and it just goes. I guess my weight on the opposite side of the drive tire was causing loss of traction. So far i'm not worried about the speed because the field they ride in would shake your teeth out if you got going to fast.
  15. B

Tec H25

I put it up for sale if anyone is interested. Didn't notice at the time of purchase, but the clutch doesn't fit this motor. 3/4" clutch. I went with a Briggs, that I already had, for my project. Thanks for all the insight you guys are awesome. You can hit Google for days and never get this...