Recent content by Bladerunner

1. B

High elevation mixture

Smaller jet I think. Less air means less fuel too to keep the ratio. Less overall power is the biggest complaint.
  2. B

Non-hemi best performance for daily driver?

What's the best parts to put on a 69727 non hemi 212cc with the rtc-9 head? I ride a 2-speed auto motorized bike that currently tops out around 55mph. The engine currently has a 19mm slide carb, 4* adv timing, removed governor, removed fan and shroud and set up as a rope start, and now has a...
  3. B

Strongest engine for supercharging?

Hmm.. too bad about the amr's cause they are so available all the time for $200. I was thinking I could machine down the amr to a better size.. remove a section of it between the plates. I'd love to use the roots vw pump but I simply can't find one anywhere. yeah 20psi gonna be over 30hp...
  4. B

Strongest engine for supercharging?

What's the strongest engine for use with forced induction? around 200cc and less. ie.. Can a smaller GX160 handle more compression than a bigger 200? What about flatheads? I would like to smog pump supercharge an engine for my next project and am wondering what motor to start with. I'll...
  5. B

BUYER BEWARE eBay vendor wholesaleminis/50Cal/scooterx.biz

This is, in fact, a 16mm Chinese clutch. I found one just like it on alibaba, same front and everything. The probability that my clutch represents the general population of junky clutches sold is much higher than it being a one-off scrap part. The precision of this clutch if assuming it is...
  6. B

BUYER BEWARE eBay vendor wholesaleminis/50Cal/scooterx.biz

Ordered a Max Torque clutch, 5/8" bore 10t #41 chain. Got a clutch with such specs, except it's a china knockoff. It is all black, instead of having a keyway slot it has an imprecise cast-in key, and no set screws anywhere. Also, there does not appear to be a bronze bushing in the middle as a...
  7. B

Low End Power?

FYI if the cvt you got is a comet knockoff with a 3/4" bore it probably won't work for your 5/8 with sleeve. Reason being, a sleeve is only 1/16" thick and may just get torn apart.. There is no set screw holding the cvt on the crank, and the key is part of the cvt parts, which means that with a...
  8. B

Briggs 93400 vs 91200 crankshaft flywheel taper same?

Thank you. Did not know it was older. I don't plan on modifying the shortblock other than port/polish/eyebrows cleaning. I'm going to transfer my parts over... And take the old cam and see what I can do with a 3d printer or other custom method to make a higher power cam for the new block.
  9. B

How Much are you Milling your heads?

I did my 3.5hp .015" using a tile and sandpaper. I don't like to go too far. Every time I take the head off to clean I take another .005" to clean it up. I used to work as a machinist. If doing it at work, I would probably do it on the CNC lathe and just run a quick program to face it; with a...
  10. B

Briggs 93400 vs 91200 crankshaft flywheel taper same?

My 3.5hp 91232 has a bad flywheel side bearing. The runout is like .020" or more. I can't adjust the magneto gap because the flywheel literally sticks to it when I turn it. There is this 93400 Shortblock I can buy to swap the parts off my 91200 to. The crank on mine ends at the flywheel threads...
  11. B

Motorized Bike with Briggs 3.5hp and TAV2 knockoff - need help

Hello, I've just finished this bike build. You can see the build thread here: (won't let me post the link to a popular engine kit forum.. username beginner01... weak....) Funny thing is, most times I search on google for an engine/driveline answer, I end up lurking here. :thumbsup...
  12. B

Bike guy stealin' ideas!

Hello, I've been reading threads here found from google searches when the motorized bike forums never gave me the answers I needed... finally signed up. Thank you for this forum!! It's already helped me a lot, and I hope to give back what I can. CNC lathe guy by trade, engr student in the...
  13. Schwinn MB old pic

Schwinn MB old pic

Stretched Schwinn motorized bike, basic setup, has undergone some changes and additions but looks the same from afar.
  14. B

Anybody got a machine shop at home?

Bikebudy, Ya pretty much get what you pay for with shop tools. I checked out the HF mini lathe.. I didn't run it there but upon seeing and touching it, it was an immediate turn off. Have fun hogging out material or trying to make press or slip fit parts on those. For general home stuff, I...