Recent content by Buck Sharp

1. B

Bird Scat Bat wheel size?

they are just steel 6 inch rims with cheap side covers. the problem i found is the rear sprocket is welded to the rim. my daughter liked the looks of the new built astro rims. sorry i dont have any pictures, and my phone tries to do something weird when i use it now to log into photobucket. lets...
  2. B

hard to start predator

well just so everyone knows do not ever remove the governor without taking out the guts inside the block. the little white plastic part not sure the name but anyhow it was stuck on the oil dipper. The other smaller pieces were well around everywhere including jamming up the camshaft compression...
  3. B

Truck Load of Mini Bikes 3

if you do any parting out of the rupp tt500 i could use some parts. Nice haul u got there. if you can take a picture of the what looks to be the kick stand i would like to see what they look like for our xl-500
  4. B

hard to start predator

Took flywheel off to check the keyway and it is all good. i don't think the cam could come out of time with the crank without it making a big ol noise but i was not the one riding. it turns over great without the plug in it but when its in it sure pulls hard over the compression stroke. I did...
  5. B

hard to start predator

Well since no one seems to know i guess i will pull engine apart to see if the compression release is broken since i have no clue how it works. i still wonder if the governor arm somehow buggered something up.
  6. B

hard to start predator

It means that it still has the guts inside the block. No billet rod yet my son is only 11 he dont ride very hard. the daughters scat bat with the factory hemi runs harder than his for now he is pretty cautious. We have been riding on rough terrain out in the country for now till we find...
  7. B

hard to start predator

Rechecked valve lash with feeler gauge .003 exhaust .002 intake top dead center compression stroke before posting here. i will try tomorrow to go .060 on coil gap and make sure timing marks are close on top dead center also. and yes im worried i will break the rope starting it since it seems to...
  8. B

MINI BIKE engine clutch.

just did not want him to have problems with chain bind. these new 6.5 engines have tones of power compared to the old days.
  9. B

hard to start predator

6.5 non hemi forgot that.
  10. B

hard to start predator

The engine has partial governor removed stage 1 kit with arc flywheel. coil gap at .030 valves .002 intake and .003 exhaust top dead center compression stroke. i used factory keyway in the flywheel not the advanced one that came with the stage 1 kit torqued flywheel to 65 foot pounds. now the...
  11. B

MINI BIKE engine clutch.

Dont most people let the clutch float without set screws?
  12. B

68 xl-500

Who carries new jack shafts for the xl-500? I cannot seem to find who had them.
  13. B

scat bat

Which rim numbers are what i need looks like back one with sprocket and tire is #astrowheelassy60 then there is 2 numbers i can not tell what the difference is other than the price #az1128 for 49.99 and #az1129 for 60.95 other than the 1129 having not as good of bearings whats the difference? i...
  14. B

manco 2 seater go kart

The only problem i can see is that the factory plate and the engine would still use the same mounting holes as in the pmr plate. so the slotted alignment holes still wouldn't be able to be used because they would not be able to bolt to anything. I need to see if they make some sort of sprocket...
  15. B

manco 2 seater go kart

The kids want to put one of their 6.5 predator engines on the manco kart but the pto is not long enough so the sprockets can line up. I was looking at one of the pmr adjustable motor mount kit. which holes line up with the engine or the factory mounting plate. I can see how this would work on a...