Recent content by CDog

1. C

Coleman BT200x Clutch Rebuild

3/4 inch on the BT200x that we have.
  2. C

The Max-Torque standard silver garter spring is working out nicely. I put a whole new clutch on my wife's BT200X and then used the new spring on an older CT200U. I bought the CT200U used and it came with two clutches. Neither one worked great, with both not springing back when you let off the...
  3. C

The combination of a heavy, timid rider plus a steep, bumpy road led to an overheated clutch. I took the clutch apart to check it and clean it and was amazed how easy the spring went back in. That is when I knew the spring was shot. It was just too easy to put back together. I will try the trick...
  4. C

Yes, definitely. I will post an update.
  5. C

Thank you. I have springs ordered and on the way from Max-Torque. I am hoping to fix the existing clutch but will buy a new one if necessary. I am cheap like that.
  6. C

Oh wow. Thanks for the link. I see a ton of stuff that we will like!
  7. C

Thanks for the video link. That was helpful.
  8. C

The new spring is definitely a Max Torque. I am swapping parts out one failure at a time. That is not a bad thing though. I bought these mini bikes with the goal of teaching my sons some mechanical skills and that is paying off nicely.
  9. C

I found garter springs on one of the websites linked from Max Torque. I have ordered and will post back if they work out.
  10. C

Thanks for the quick reply, SAS289. I was looking at the Max-Torque website and it looks like they don't sell direct. I am working through their "links" page and so far find complete clutches, but not parts. I may have found the spring on eBay though...
  11. C

The clutch on my wife's mini bike is acting up and I am in trouble with her big time. I took my nephew on a ride and made the mistake of putting him on my wife's almost new BT200X instead of my 2-year-old CT200U. The clutch will not disengage now. My question is whether these clutches can be...
  12. C

Foot Brake

I want to give a shout out and a huge THANK YOU to Mariah for the awesome foot brake that she fabricated for my son Nathan. She asked for a few measurements and then built an awesome solution that fits and works perfectly. What a wonderful person to share her stellar machining skills. Smiles all...
  13. C

Foot Brake

I have a son who does not have a full left arm. He is normal down to the elbow but his forearm is twisted and short and he has a small hand with only two fingers. That little hand makes it tough for him to use the brake on the Coleman CT-200-U I purchased for him. Is there anyone who has...
  14. C

What Fun!

Awesome post. This is the sort of stuff I want to do with my minibike. Do you have a link to details about your bike? Specifically, the gearing that lets you do climbs on dirt trails?
  15. C

Coleman CT200U-C - Need Spark Arrestor

Thanks, Manchester1. Last I checked, OldMiniBikes Warehouse had headers and mufflers for the Coleman but none with spark arrestors. I will check with them again. I really just need a muffler that can take a spark arrestor like one in Massacre's link. I bought a couple of these a while back, thinking I...