Recent content by cncsparky

1. cncsparky

Anyone buy anything from RuppParts.com????

Guess I will have to do the same :censure: Bought my parts about a month ago, no responses yet. Did business with him years ago no problems. Sad.
  2. cncsparky

HS50 mag air gap

What spark plug? Gap? Have you/can you check timing according to the manual? Also, float level is critical. Did you set it up correctly? Tecumseh makes a special tool for this but some figured out a different way.
  3. cncsparky

Rupp drive belt

Thanks for the heads up. Total cost w/shipping $13.15. Awesome.
  4. cncsparky

HS 40 Orange spark?

I thought the newer style coil is mounted on the outside of the flywheel, completely different?
  5. cncsparky

HS40-Takes 50 pulls to start "HELP"

1. What spark plug are you using? Needs gapped, most are not pre-gapped. s/b .030 2. Before starting, governor should hold the throttle from 1/2 to fully open. There is a procedure in the maintenance manual called the static governor adjustment. Easy to do. 3. What do the points look like...
  6. cncsparky

HS 40 Orange spark?

Sounds like the correct plug, the shorter version is a cj8. Gapped at .030
  7. cncsparky

HS 40 Orange spark?

Open it up and put in a new set of points and condensor. Not very tough and they run good for a long time if setup right. What plug are you using?
  8. cncsparky

Rupp drive belt

I had about the same experience at first. Stopped by the main O'Reilly in town, the one that distributes parts to the others and got no help from there. The store I usually deal with, the manager is usually on hand and he helped find it one day no problem :doah: Maybe one of these other guys...
  9. cncsparky

box new hs 40 IDELS fast.

May need to do a quick static governor arm adjustment, its in the manual. The governor should pull back the throttle to an idle. Other than that the other suggestion is good, adjust the spring position on the gov. arm.
  10. cncsparky

Rupp Mini-Bike Question

TTT - Thats a good question!
  11. cncsparky

Hard Starting HS50

Sounds like you hit the main stuff to check. How is the compression? Does the spark look good comparing to the other engine? The engine could be due for a rebuild, leaking rings or bad valve job. If is starts much better warmed up, thats a clue to me that the engine is worn and needs at...
  12. cncsparky

Help newb in trouble

Search is your friend. :thumbsup: http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/tecumseh-engines/30854-engine-discharges-motor-oil-breather.html
  13. cncsparky

Rupp drive belt

I was able to order the Gates 6061 belt from O'Reilly Auto Parts and picked it up today. Its cost was $13.99. They tried to charge $6 for shipping but told them I wasn't quoted that so he took it off. So, a cheaper belt alternative is there if you wish to pursue. The belt may be easier to...
  14. cncsparky

Rupp Engine Rebuild Question

I'm not sure on the earlier Rupp's, the '70s HS40 had a 3/4" X 3" crank.
  15. cncsparky

Trouble getting some Tecumseh parts - workaround

Thats pretty cool. I was able to get oversized pistons for my HS40's through Sears parts. I think they have their own stash of parts and pistons are still showing in stock. I've bought 2 .010 and 2 .020 pistons from them.